Chapter 1 - Arrival and Suspicion

I sat down on the train and sighed, this had been the first holiday I had been allowed on in about a year, it may only be to London, but its still a nice break from work....

I looked to my left and smiled at Maria, my fiancé. She was very tired, she had stress marks under her eyes and around her jaw, but she was still smiling straight back at me.
"I'm looking forward to this" she says.
"Me too," I say, "it feels like we've needed this break for the last, what? Ten months?"
"Yeah, probably" she lets out a small laugh.

We continue talking like this until we reach the King's Cross Station, and we get off the train. As I walk out of the train station I notice a family go by with loads of suspicious and weird shaped packages and trolleys.
'Maybe I should report them to the authorities, there might be something illegal in those packages....' I think to myself.

I turn around again and I see the family walking towards a large pillar with the 'Platform 9' sign above it, and then lost sight of them due to a crowd blocking my way. Once the crowd had passed by I could see the pillar again and they had disappeared...

I decided to ignore it and continue with my day, forgetting about it five minutes later.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments!

Also I'm sorry if the thing about the 'suspicious packages' offended anybody, in any other form I agree that this would be unacceptable and morally wrong but I personally think that due to the fact that we know that these are owl cages and Hogwarts suitcases it is non-offensive in this context.

Thank you

- Jakeisaname