Chapter 3

I had showered and gotten dressed. As I exited the bathroom I saw a piece of paper on the bedside table.

"What's that?" I said out loud to no one in particular. I walked, more like wheeled over to it. I opened it and a phone number was on it.

'Jordyn,

I thought this might make it easier to stay in contact. I really hope we don't drift apart because of my parents. I really like you and you're one of best friends. I really wanna stay close.

Ed'

I smiled at his rushed and sloppy handwriting. I folded the paper and stuck in my pocket. I turned and wheeled down the hall and into the waiting room where my parents were... well, waiting.

"Ready?"

"Yep." I replied.

"I'm sorry about Edward." My mother said.

"We won't lose touch mom don't worry."

"Good. You guys seem like you're close."

I looked at her like she was stupid.

"Yea." I said rolling my eyes.

*******

The car ride home was so boring. It was filled with my mom reading the list of activities I can't take part in. The car ride was like 20 minutes long and she still didn't finish. This sucks.

Ed's POV

I can't believe my parents are doing this. I don't want to leave Jordyn and Chanel. My crush and my best friend. At least we aren't leaving until June 14th and it's only September 22nd. I have plenty of time to spend here with them and possibly get Jordyn to be my girlfriend. My phone started ringing. It was Chanel.

"Did you tell her yet?"

"Well, hello to you too."

"Hi. Now answer my question."

I sighed. "Yes a-"

"And?!"

"And, as I was saying before you so rudely cut me off, she said that these feelings were mutual."

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!" Chanel proceeded to scream in my ear as I cringed. "I knew it!"

"Well, I wasn't so sure..."

"Why? It was so obvious she had feelings for you." Chanel said as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

"Not to me! I thought it was the opposite. She would always act different when it was just me and her... I found it strange."

"She was just afraid she would say something stupid and muck up her chances."

"Still not cursing I see." I said with a smirk.

"Shut it and stop trying to change the subject. We still need to talk about you and J."

I groaned. Having this conversation with Chanel made incredibly uncomfortable.

"Yeah mum? Okay! I'm coming! Chanel I gotta go."

"You are a horrible liar but whatever." she said. "Bye!"

With that she hung up. I sighed a sigh of relief. It's Friday. I have until Monday to figure something out with Jordyn. How am I going to have a relationship with her that'll only last until June? Maybe I'm looking to far into this... I mean it is only the 8th grade.... ugh. I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. It seemed like hours though I know it was only minutes... eventually I fell asleep.