Chapter 2

Jordyn’s POV

I woke up to my parents’ worried faces looking over me.

“Um, hi?”

“Oh my gosh Jordyn! You’re okay. We were worried sick!” My mom said as she tightly hugged me. I winced. I had this sharp pain. Just then the doctor walked in, Thank God!

“Jordyn, I have some good news and some bad news.”

He paused and looked at me. Why, I don’t know.

“And?” I asked.

“You don’t have any really major injuries and neither do your friends. The only thing is that you have three broken ribs from the way you landed I’m assuming, Chanel has a broken wrist, and Edward had to have some stitches in his head where a piece of the bomb hit him and he has a broken leg. Other than that you all are just fine.”

“If that’s what you call fine then-”

“Jordyn! Stop it.” My mom said. I sighed.

“When can I see them?”

“Chanel has been checked out already by her parents. I’m afraid you won’t be able to walk for about two weeks but Edward can come see you as long as he’s on his crutches.”

“Ugh. Thanks.” I just think about my best friends are injured and it starts to depress me. Sadly, Ed’s makes me feel the worst. I know, I know how cliche. The girl falls for her best friend. I just can’t help it. I’ve always had a thing for Ed. We relate so much. We both play guitar and we both only have one parent. It just seems like we are the same person just, different bodies or some dumb saying like that. But yea. I really like him.

“Um, excuse me? Is it okay if I visit Jordyn?” I heard a familiar voice ask.

“Of course Edward!” My mom said.

“Please, Mrs. Smith, call me Ed.”

“Alright, Ed.” She said putting unnecessary emphasis on his name.

I sighed and Ed laughed, then coughed trying to hide it. My parents gave us a weird look then left us alone. It was really awkward once they were gone. Ed sat down and stood his crutches up on the wall next to him.

“So... um...” I said awkwardly.

“Look, I’m just gonna be blunt and honest. My parents think living here is putting my life in danger and are starting to look for a new place to live... somewhere out of the country.”

“What? They can’t do that! I just...”

“There’s something else I needed to tell you but it needs to happen fast. My parents don’t really want me to see you any more but... I like you Jordyn. I have for a while now and I want to be more than friends.”

“Ed, I-”

“I know this might make things awkward if you don’t feel the same way and I know you aren’t into the whole cliche thing and this is about as cliche as its gonna get but please. I really like you Jordyn. Just give it a chance.”

“I have liked you for a while now Ed and you don’t know how amazing it feels to hear you say you like me too. I’m willing to give a relationship a chance.”

A huge smile spread across his face filled with his crooked teeth, my favorite part of him. I couldn’t help but blush the whole time he was talking to me and it was finally starting to go away.

There was a knock on the door and before I could say anything my doctor walked in.

“Jordyn, we went back and took another look at your x-rays and decided that it would be okay for you to go home as long as you were in a wheelchair. You can also go back to school but no serious movement for a while.”

I nodded and laughed as Ed was mumbling under his breath about the doctor interrupting us. As if on cue a nurse walked in with a wheelchair and there was an overnight bag on it.

“Well, I’m just gonna let you get changed and I guess I’ll see you later?” Ed said as if it were any question.

“Of course.” With that he turned to leave.