The Gallary Of Grey

Lambent....
Yes. That's a word I can use to describe the lights. They aren't exciting or anything, actually at first I believed them to be quite boring and dull as they seemed like they were like every other light I have seen. The casual white plain old light. That rhymes; I feel a smile growing on my face. That is how bored I am, to get entertained by lights. After studying these lights (well staring at them), the lights had started to become so bright and intense that they were ordinary no more. Though somehow along with this intenseness they would impossibly softly gleam and glow. I blink, quickly sit up from the three chairs I had been lying on and snap back into reality. Why? I ask myself. WHY? I swear this boredom has drove be mad. It has drove me to the tissyness of the mad hatters tea and hats. I have been staring at lights, trying to decipher the perfect word to describe them. I have to be crazy who stares at lights? My common sense must be down the drain as well. It seemed to lack when I decided to stare at lights. I could go blind, yellowish white spots are stained in my vision. I hope that they go away soon as they move around so i can't focus on anything.
Boredom is back, how am I supposed to entertain myself when I am in the gallery of grey. Everything in this room is grey and that is no exaggeration. The only thing in this room is the four sets of two rows of chairs, the chairs surprisingly are not grey but a plastic baby blue flip up ones. The rest of the room however is grey, even the carpet is grey.

I have been waiting since 3:30 just sitting in this room with no phone, no book nothing and now it is 4:45. I don't know how I am surviving. Do you know how close that is to 5:00. It's nearly curfew, 6:00 is curfew. It will take me 45 minutes to get home from here, I don't want to be out walking past curfew. You don't know what it's like out after curfew, my heart skips a beat just thinking about it. But I try not to think of that, I think more about the fact that I have been sitting in this room for 1 hour and fifteen minutes. The lady said that is was only going to be a short meeting and I will only need to wait 5 minutes. 5 MINUTES!!! REALY!!! That lie has got me screaming abomination, no more trust.  Do you know I have managed to do in that 1 hour and 15 minutes? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I could be doing absolutely nothing at home, but no I had to do it here. I try to tell myself to be patient. But what does patience do when I didn't even have to be here in the first place. They gave me a choice, why didn't I say no??? I have also tried walking out of the room as I was sick of waiting and wanted to go home but I was stopped by some men telling me that I couldn't leave as whatever that was going to happen was too important for me to miss. I am a 15 year old girl, really what can be that important for a fifteen year old girl. I am confused, irritated and bored. I mean I don't even know why I am here in the first place. I am not the only one in the room either. There are four other people, three boys and another girl. But we are all spread around the room not sitting with anyone else. I would say they were all around my age. I am in a room full of lonely bored strangers and yet none of us would sit with another. It just makes me wonder wouldn't it be easier if we all sat together and talked, then we wouldn't be lonely or bored. I mean we all have acknowledged each other. I have said I 'hi' and a 'how are you' to everyone in this room but we all have sat in our separate  seats.I would go over to the other girl but every time I think I am about to go over to her I get held make by the thought of the awkward walk over to her with everyone staring at me only to be welcomed by someone who doesn't even want to talk. Well if she didn't ignore me it would also be super awkward as everything we would say would echo around the room so everyone else would hear it. The awkward conversation starters also must be something that might contribute to not going over. I am such a coward. A chicken. I can't even go over and say hi to someone, instead I just stare at my converses.

I get a pinch of excitement when I hear the clang of shoes behind me. Actually maybe a bit more than a pinch maybe more of a giant sun of excitement that worsened the bombshell of a galaxy of nerves I had. Finally I am going to be told what I am here for, and then I will be able to leave. Go home, the word home is comfort itself. I stop myself from spinning around to fast to see who I expect to be in charge of whatever is going on around here. The first thing I do see is a pair of dirty turquoise sneakers.