Chapter 2: Cancer.

Harry's POV :

"There you go. You look charming as ever." says Gemma while setting my bow tie.

"Do I have to be dressed like this? Can't I just wear something simple?" I ask pouting at her.

"Harry, it's my engagement party, not the AMAs!", she puts her hands on her hips and looks at me with narrowed eyes.

She looks so beautiful in her gown. I still can't believe she's getting married. It feels like only yesterday that the two of us were running around in our backyard, spraying each other with a hose. I will miss her. A lot!

"Andrew's a lucky guy." I say smiling at her. Her face breaks out into a huge grin.

"Ya think so?" She says, hooking her arm with mine.

"I know so."

***

"It's a really nice party, Anne" A woman hugs mum while air kissing her.

"Thank You." Mum replies. She looks at me,"This is my son, Harry" She says.

"Of course." The woman says while smiling at me.

"Uh, Harry, This is Marilyn, Andrew's mother."

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know." I say and shake hands with her.

Right then my phone rings. It's Paul, our manager. "Excuse me", I say and walk into an empty room.

"Hey, Paul" I say.

"Yeah, sorry to disturb you lad. I know you are at your sister's engagement party, but something's come up" comes his voice from the other end.

"No, it's okay. Tell me."

"You might want to stay away from the public for a while." He says.

"Why?" I ask.

"There are rumours going around that the band's breakin' up." He says matter-of-factly. I roll my eyes. Stuff like this wasn't new to us.

"Uh-huh" I say.

"The media wanted a comment from you, but they've been told by the lads at Modest! that you were unavailable, since we couldn't dispose the fact that you are at your sister's engagement party. You know the media, they wouldn't leave it at that."

"Yeah, so, you want me to lay low until I am here in Cheshire?" I ask.

"Yup, that would do it. Enjoy." And the line goes dead.

I sit on the couch that is placed in front of the fireplace, and lean my head backwards, sighing. The media, they never leave us alone, do they? So what if we are celebrities? We are still normal people. Media is one of the reasons why Gemma wanted her wedding low-profile. She fears the after effects of the popping out of her wedding by the media. If there's one thing I hate that has been created by man then it's the media. Not the media on the whole, but the one that focuses on the entertainment industry.

I'll tell you one thing, if leukemia and sarcoma are the cancers that humans have, then MEDIA is the cancer that the world has.