Chapter 1

~Snowdrift's POV~

~RiverClan~

~Chapter 1~

I padded out of the forest, leading a dawn hunting patrol towards the river. The patrol was me, Frostpaw, my apprentice, Amberfur and her apprentice, Meadowpaw.

"Do we have to take a patrol with you this early?" Meadowpaw complained as Frostpaw yawned.

"I agree." Frostpaw mewed as Ambertail froze.

"What's wrong?" I asked my sister who ran back over to the camp entrance.

"Hooray." Meadowpaw grinned, following her mentor. "We're going back to camp."

"NO you're not!" I said, pulling back Frostpaw by grabbing her tail. She let go of my grip and ran over to Meadowpaw and Amberfur. "We're going on a patrol-"

But they had already padded back into the camp. What was up with Amberfur? I thought as I walked over to the river. I looked at my reflection,sitting down and sighing. "Everyone knows I'm the most overprotective cat in the clan." I muttered under my breath. "Why can't they accept that I'm different?"

"What's a clan?" A voice made me jump and tumble over. "I've heard of it when I was a kit, but I-AHHHH!" Soon enough, I sprang on the cat and unsheathed my claws. Glaring into the eyes of the tabby tom.

"Hi." he mewed but I just snorted.

"Your on my clan's territory you know that?" I mewed sternly as the cat smiled. He was a loner. And looked very friendly. I got off of him as he groomed his fur.

"My name's Bracken." he mewed kindly, looking up from his wash. "I can scent that your a clan cat."

"And I can scent that your a loner." I meowed, slightly smiling. "My name's Snowdrift."

"Nice to meet you." Bracken mewed, padded up to me and touched my nose.

I blushed. "Why-Why did you do that?"

"That's what we loners do when we meet cats." he mewed, stepping back a little as the wind blowed his brown tabby fur.

"There's more loners?" I asked, as he tilted his head.

"Of course." he mewed, kicking me off with his back paws. We sprang to our paws and the same time. "There's tons of us. We have to be seperate in different barns. There's at least 10 barns since there's so many of us."

"What are all of their names?" Snowdrift asked curiously. 

Bracken smiled. "You'll have to come with me if you want to find out."

Snowdrift sighed. She looked back at her camp and turned to face the tom. "Okay. I'll come."