I'm Not Crazy

"I'M NOT CRAZY! IM NOT CRAZY! IT'S REAL! WONDERLAND EXISTS AND IT NEEDS ME! YOU CAN'T DO THIS! HE NEEDS ME! THE CAT NEEDS ME!"

They dragged me down the hall, kicking and screaming all the way to the last empty cell in the grim grimy hall.

"Grim grimy. Grimy grim." I mused aloud and the 'caretakers' gave each other strange looks as I went slack in their arms."Grimm. Grimy Grimm. Hatter would love that one!" I giggled and gasped. "HATTER! THE ANSWER IS POE! POE! TOE BOW DOE FOE LOW MOW HOE HOT HOOT HOOKER... Mother says that's a naughty word. Naughty naughty NAUGHTY!! ROW TOW GO NO. NO. NONONONONO IM NOT CRAZY! I DON'T BELONG IN ASYLUMS! HE'S GONNA COME FOR YOU- ALL OF YOU!"

I never hurt anyone, all I did was talk. But they wouldn't believe me. My own parents wouldn't believe me. When I say I fell down the rabbit hole, they think I fell and hit my head and the rest of the story is all delusion. When I describe the red queen Pa says not to talk about Mum that way.

"Mum mum mum mumumumumumum mean mum. Mum mean. Mummy is mean. Mean is Mummy. Shame on Mummy. Not my fault notmyfault NOT MY FAULT!" The man and woman restraining me said nothing and the woman walking alongside them unlocked my cell. She looked like the authors from the books my sister always read. Cold and calculating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------