Another Week

Day 62

I don't expect mother or father or mother to visit, but sister is expected. I hope she comes soon. Bland big sister with her boring books as company is better than no company. She said she'd visit me every month on the second Sunday.

Cheshy visits less and less. He says he has business to attend to, to help keep wonderland in order. I think he's grown bored of my presence and is spending time more eventfully over there. It's boring to sit in a corner of the room telling myself stories all day. I never leave the cell. I never see a face. The only color I know now is the white of the padded walls and the blue of my last stub of crayon. The nurses won't let me have anymore because I scooped out the eye of one with a rusty spoon when she tried to administer 'medication' with an equally as rusty needle.

God I hate medication as much as listening to the Tweedles talk. That's one part of wonderland I don't miss at all. With all its magical annoyances that tended to gear themselves towards me. Other than the White Queen of course. She was always very kind. Overly so, like a semi-sweet chocolate double dipped in itself. I'm not so daft as not to notice her behavior, that's for sure.

Day 79

Cheshy came back for the fist time in two weeks. Oh how I had missed his company without realizing it! He has found a portal big enough for Hatter, and possibly Pillar!

"They will be coming on the 5th," he says.

"Well what day is it?" He stares at me for a moment.

"Alice dear, have you lost track of the days? I thought you were using the crayons to keep track? Is this all that's left?" His tail curls around the remaining stub of blue.

"I'm afraid so. They took the rest for no good reason. Now I can't draw the Hatter's purple hat or your red tail! How do they expect me to behave in these conditions?" He clicked his tongue and turned his head fully around like an owl.

"It is the 28th of September. They'll be here in seven days. You know the Hatter, so they will be here around 4:00, tea time."

"Oh I do look forward to seeing them again!"

His ears twitch. "Hurry and let me help you back into the jacket. They're coming."