Chapter 13

Tyler's POV

I bit my lip, something wasn't right. Taylor would text me almost everyday, but it's been a week.

My phone buzzed. I had a fleeting thought that it was her, but I shook it out of my mind. Still, I was disappointed when I saw that was Evan.

Evan: Have you heard from Taylor?

Me: Nah. You?

Evan: No. Something's wrong. Very wrong.

Me: I figured. How did you figure it?

Evan: I texted the others, asking if they've spoken to her. They all said no. We were supposed to do a Hide and Seek yesterday...

Me: I'll see if I can talk to her.

Evan: Thanks. We all just want her to be fine.

I walked to her house and knocked on the door.

Her mom answered. "Oh, Tyler, what are you doing here?"

"I came looking for Taylor..." I said.

"Oh, she left to go somewhere not ten minutes ago. Sorry she's not here."

I shook my head. "It's fine. Thanks for your help."

I walked back to my house and got into my car. I knew of one place where she loves - Caribou Coffee.

I drove there and got out just in time to see her exiting with a drink in her hand.

She had a hoodie over her head. I recognized the black and blue hoodie. It was one from her store.

I began to walk over to her. "Taylor!"

She looked up, frozen. "T-Tyler?"

I ran over and hugged her. "Thank God you're okay."

She shook her head. She whispered something.

"What?" I raised my head, staring into her deep brown eyes.

"I-I... I-It's st-stupid..." Tears formed in her eyes.

"Taylor, you can tell me anything," I said softly.

She just shook her head again. She opened her mouth, but nothing came out except for a squeak.

Taylor looked at the ground. I saw a tear drip onto the ground.

"Please," I pleaded. "It looks like you're slowly dying inside. I don't want to see that. I won't laugh. It won't be stupid. I promise."

She ran to me, crying into my shoulder. I just patted her back quietly. "Let's get back to my house; you can explain it there."

She nodded and I led her to my car and we quietly rode to my place. I led her up to my room.

I looked at her, patiently waiting for her to start.

She told me her story, from the first day of being called gay to the last one she saw being "Go fuck yourself and then jump off a bridge. And do a backflip for me."

She wiped her eyes. I growled internally and got my laptop and logged on. I went to her page and took screenshots.

"Wh-What are you doing?" Taylor asked.

"Fixing this," I replied as I sent an email to the principal.

I was glaring at my screen when I felt arms wrap around my body from the side.

"Thanks," she whispered, leaning her head down on my shoulder.

I relaxed, being tense from the earlier anger of the cuber bullying.

"You're welcome. Those jackass won't know who did it. I told Mr. Johnson to keep it anonymous."

She sighed. "I'm sorry I cut you off from me."

"It's fine," I said softly.

She hugged me tighter, tears falling through my shirt. "I don't want to be alone."

I slowly set my laptop on the end of my bed.

"And you won't. You have me, and emotionally me and the others," I replied softly.

She just nodded, but didn't let go. I didn't pry her off of me.

Eventually she let go. "I-I'm gonna head home."

"Want me to walk you?"

She gave a slight nod. I picked up her coffee and gave it to her. I walked her back to her house.

"Thanks," she hugged me again, and I hugged her back.

"You're welcome."

She walked in, and I walked home.

Thank God she's okay.