The Light.

How many games have we played ?

How many times have we laughed ?

But have we ever thought for a moment that all these moments shall come to an end ? 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Th next morning in one of the parks, Polus released a big sigh after kicking a stone into the pond which was located in the middle of the park. 

" Hey Ken ! what do you think about the old man from yesterday ?" 

" You mean him ?" Ken said while pointing towards the sam man who was on the opposite of the sidewalk. 

" Yes.... That is him. What is he doing he.." Polus' question was cut off when he looked at Ken who's eyes were as wide a s cats which was about to pounce on its prey ,  but then he repeated his question, "What do you think of him Ken ?" 

" He arouses suspicion and is very strange and dark. At least he hasn't lived a luxurious life like us. " Ken said 

" Do you want to........ follow him ?" 

Ken grabbed his coat which had been thrown on a near-by chair, and said quickly " Great idea , its been a very long time since we've done something like this. Put your normal shoes on Polus & bring Cocoa with you. Then we will start following him." 

Plus gave  slight nod, his eyes shining with excitement. 

They started this as a game..... But how will this end ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

They followed him through the packed streets of the city for about an hour until they reached the suburbs of the city, where once the main capital was located, but had been abandoned roughly 10 years ago. As all the citizens had moved to live in the more advanced capital. 

They saw the old man enter his house confident in his steps, as if he had never reached the age of sixty. A few minutes went by, so peacefully that the only noise which could be heard was of the faint horns coming from cars which they had left behind. 

Polus broke the silence "We should get back now Ken. He has reached his home now, theres nothing suspicious going on." 

"Polus , Think for a minute. Don't you think living out here increases peoples doubts ? Nobody's lived here for so many years. Maybe he's running away from an enemy so he's come here to hide from them!"  Ken claimed.

"No thats rubbish ! If what you said was true then why did we think he was up to something Ken ?"

"True....." Ken remarked.

The two sat down thinking quietly when all of a sudden they both were thrown from their places and were exposed to an extremely bright light.  Both of them squeezed their eyes shut as hard as they could.

"light?" Polus & Ken said to themselves as they saw a strong, bright light coming from the house. The rays of this light was stronger than any other light they had ever come across. 

Ken covered his eyes with his arms as Polus did the same with both of his hands.  Not even seconds had gone by & the light had gone as fast as it came. 

The peace had returned the way it was when they had first arrived. 

"Lets go in Polus, in the house" 

Polus being against the idea said "But the old man, he's still in there Ken." 

" Maybe you've been affected by what just happened Polus ! Nobody can survive through what just happened if they were exposed directly to it !"Ken claimed " I'm scared too ..." he mumbled quietly 

" Don't worry we'll be fine." said Polus full of certainty 

For a few seconds both of them let their courage, and strength  build up before they entered the house. Ken opened the door slowly which in return creaked a bit. 

They entered and took a few steps and Ken ranks finger over the marble table ,which was placed near the door, to see if it was dusty. " This place has been cleaned. Lets look for the man Polus, we'll start from that room, the kitchen" Ken said. 

Polus followed him quietly and began to look for the man, or at least his body.

While ken was looking around for the man, he thought he heard Polus scream.He turned around to look for his friend but instead was taken by surprise again. 

It was the light again. But this time it was different, it was stronger and was hurting his body all over and it was increasing by every second.

"Am i dying ?" Ken said to himself

Confused again, Ken didn't have enough time to choose between turning the other way and running or to stay where he was and let him disappear into a whole different world. 

13d5414814a306c7.jpg