chapter 28 : smiles on faces

Lauren drove the car and stopped right near her house. " finally we're home " said Max and sighed.

" yeah it surely was a weird day " said Lauren and got out of car. She looked at Max on the other side of the car. Smiling at her with his messy hair.

" at least things went our way. So don't think about it and enjoy " said Max as he got his bag from the car.

" yeah you're right. By the way. Thanks Max " said Lauren and smiled at him. He smiled back. They both looked at each other from both ends of the car.

" I think I should go home. " said Lauren as she moved her hand behind her ear.

" yeah you're right. Bye Lauren " said Max and walked towards his house which was across the road.

Lauren was just standing there as she saw Max walking towards his home. Whistling and his hands inside pockets. He walked towards his door and looked back at Lauren who was near her house door.

They both smiled at each other before they walked inside their homes. As she walked towards her room. Lauren smiled. She walked towards her room and entered. Throwing her bag on the floor she just jumped on her bed. With her eyes closed and a relieved feeling of laying on her bed after a day from school made her happy. Just like every other normal teenager. She had her eyes closed for a while forgetting about the world and just resting her body. For a while she stayed like that until she opened her eyes. She stared at the ceiling. The same ceiling she's been looking at since childhood. Those same crack. Few new ones.

Lauren looked at them for a while and after that she got up and headed towards the shower. Plugging her phone to the charger. She grabbed her towel and walked towards the bathroom. She showered. Lauren was feeling much better. She was feeling fresh. As she dried her short hair with air dryer. Bleep bleep. Her phone vibrated. She looked at the phone in mirror. She quickly dried her hair and got her phone. It was a text from Max

Max : Heyy

Lauren saw the text. It had two laughing emojis.

Lauren replied back

" you seem to be very happy? What's the reason? "

Max : well finally the day in school is over. Why won't someone not be happy?

Lauren : oh god. You really don't like going to school. Lol.

Lauren was smiling until she heard some noise from down.

" Lauren baby I'm home " said her mom from downstairs. Lauren walked down quickly and saw her mom. They both smiled and hugged each other tightly

" how are you sweetie? How was your day at school? " her mom asked.

" it was nothing special. Nothing good to talk about. " Lauren said and sighed.

" Ohh. I'll go to my room and get fresh. Let's go out for dinner? " her mom asked. She felt it would be good for Lauren.

Lauren just simply rejected. She didn't felt like going out. She was already too tired because of the drama in school. Lauren's mom decided to cook dinner. Lauren walked towards her room. She just stayed on her bed watching make up tutorials on YouTube.

" Lauren sweetie come down. The dinner's ready " said her mom from downstairs.

Lauren quickly got up . connected her phone to charger and went down. Lauren was feeling sleepy. She somehow walked downstairs and sat on the dinning table. She saw her mom getting plates and the food from kitchen.

Her mom was looking very happy. She sat on the chair right in front of Lauren. They prayed and started having their dinner. Talked about how their day was and stuff like that. Lauren was feeling really happy. Nice dinner with her mom. She was feeling like a princess. Even though there was nothing to feel like that. Still she was feeling like that. They finished having dinner.

" Mum I'll wash the dishes tonight. You go to bed " said Lauren as she started to take plates from the dinning table.

" you sure honey? " her mom asked

" yeah mom . you go to bed. I'll do it " said Lauren with a smile on her face.

Her mom smiled and wished her goodnight and began to walk towards her room. Lauren got all the dishes and glasses to be washed. She washed all of them and looked back towards the watch on the left wall under the designer lamp. It was 10:30 in the night.

" time to go to bed " she said to herself and walked towards her room shutting most of the lights. She went in her room and pushed the door which got closed and she just sat on her bed. Unplugged her phone which was fully charged. She saw there was a message of Max. It was a clip of him doing a flip on his skate board.

Lauren : whoa!!!! That's impressive.

Lauren texted him.

Max : thanks Lauren

Lauren : Hope you don't mind. But how long have you been skateboarding?

Max : since like 5 or 6. Btw I feel like its my interview LoL!

Lauren : someday you'll be. Don't forget me that day.

Max : I have a sharp memory. I won't forget. Plus you're gorgeous. So it's not possible to forget you.

Lauren : hahaha stop flirting skaterboi.

Max quickly sent a pic of the ice cream cone he was having with a caption " yummy "

Lauren saw it. She was feeling hungry again. Well everyone has a little space for ice cream even when they're full.

Lauren : come on. Even I wanna have it.

Max : you really wanna have it?

Lauren : yeah.

Max : stand out of your house. Come on.

Lauren : Heyy but its 3 in the morning.

Max : come on. Ghost aren't real. Just open your door. I'm getting a cone for you.

Lauren ran towards her door. She was trying to make no voice as it might work her mom up. Who must be in deep sleep. She opened the door and saw Max standing with packets of potato chips and two ice cream cones.

" shit! You scared me " Lauren whispered.

" oh I'm sorry. By the way. Here's your ice cream have it. And yeah I got few bag of chips. " said max and smiled

" come in. And yeah you're crazy dude " said lauren.

They decided to watch movie and have ice creams.

“ by the way. Do you have any types of dreams? ” asked Lauren as she looked at Max with a smile on her face

yes I do. I have few dreams. I want to be a marine. And serve our country. I want to work and earn money for my mom and brother. What about you? ” Max said and ate a spoon of ice cream.

“ well I want to be a fashion designer. I love designs and beautiful dresses ” said Lauren and smiled.

“ wow that's awesome. I hope I could afford one of your clothes in future ” Max said and laughed.

“ if I ever had a successful brand. That day. You can select whatever you want. Without any money. ” Lauren looked at Max and smiled

“by the way your dreams are good. I really wish they become true ” she continued

I wish the same ” said Max and smiled.

They surely had a special bond between them. The bond of friendship was just getting stronger.

They both didn't realize when they fall asleep. With the TV turned on.

It wasn't a special night in her life. But it surely was a very good one. But everything comes with an expiry date. There's end to everything. Same goes with her happiness. Which was about to end soon..