Chapter 2: Back to Reality

I woke up screaming.

"It was just a dream. The whole thing," I whimpered softly to myself.

When I say that you think that Ian isn't dead, but you're wrong. Ian is still dead. I'm sitting on the couch checking my surroundings. Issabelle is asleep on my lap, the t.v is on running the previous Hunger Games, the light fixture is dangling overhead. Everything was fine.

I get up and take Issabelle to her room. After I lay her in the bed, I go to the bathroom to splash water in my face. As I'm splashing water on my face I start to cry. Then I start to sob and scream in sadness.

I see Issabelle coming towards me.

"I didn't know dad well, but I bet he would be the best dad in the world." My lips turned up in a small smile, but they quickly morph back into a frown. I burry my head in my knees.

I'm sittin' on the floor crying our my sorrow of losing Ian and the nighmare I just had, and Issabelle is comforting me and telling me its gonna be alright. My little girl, comforting me. Its supposed to be the other way around!

Thinking about it just makes me sob even more.

Why, oh why did the Capitol have to take everything away? My life will the never be the same again.

Sometimes I think I should've just died in the games anyway. I mean, I don't feel like any use to anyone. I'm a horrible mother. And to top it off, Issabelle has to face her father's death.

Why did this have to happen?