Chapter Four

"Okay class," my teacher said. All the students stopped talking and paid attention to what she was saying. "Today will be an easy day. All that you guys need to do is get with your partners and get to know each other a little better. While you are doing this, please don't be loud, use your inside voices. Now get with your partner and talk."

The room erupted with talking as people walked over to the person they're partnered with. I looked around the room and noticed that Vic wasn't here. He was probably late or ditched class. I know he's here today, I saw him this morning walking to his first class. I let out a sigh and opened my journal and started drawing random lines.

Soon after, the classroom door opened and some turned their heads to see who it was. Vic was walking into class late and went up to the teachers desk handing her a pass. He walked over to me and gave me a small smile. He grabbed a desk and pushed it next to mine and sat down.

"Sorry, my teacher held me back to help him with someone." He said.

"It's okay," I mumbled, closing my notebook and shoving it in my bag. "So, we have to talk and get to know each other."

"Want to play 21 questions?" He asked raising on of his eyebrows.

"Sure," I said. "But if you dare turn it into 21 sexual questions I will strangle you."

"Calm down you angry little boy," He chuckled. "I won't do that though."

"Alright, you go first."

"What's your favorite color?" He asked.

"Seriously? This isn't kindergarten, Vic." I said.

"Hey, chill out, answer the question." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Yellow." I answered.

He scrunched up his nose, cringing. "Why yellow? That's such a bright and happy color."

"Exactly."

After that question, we started going back and forth. I found out Vic knows how to play guitar, which I was extremely jealous about. He also had a younger brother named Mike, who was home schooled. His favorite things to do is go out and just hang out with friends. He says he hates crowded places like parties, which was surprising because I always thought he was the type to go to parties every night.

"Can I tell you a joke?" He asked.

"Go for it."

"Okay... Why did Adele cross the road?" He asked a smile forming on his face.

"To say hello from the other side." I answered. His smile turned into a frown.

"You're no fun." He mumbled.

"Everyone already knows that joke." I said with a shrug.

We started telling each other knock knock jokes and other jokes. Vic kept finding his jokes hilarious and kept laughing at them, they were stupid but I couldn't help but laugh when he started laughing, his laugh was contagious.

The fun was soon over as the bell rang and everyone got up and left. I was packing my stuff and noticed that Vic was waiting for me at the door. I got up and quickly walked out of the classroom and we both started walking.

"Do you want to go grab lunch today?" He asked. "Like we can go off school campus and just grab a bite to eat."

"Why not just eat here?" I asked curiously.

"I don't like the food." He said but I knew he was lying.

"You're lying," I stated. "You just don't want your friends to see you hanging out with me, right?" Before he could answer I spoke again.