Prologue - The Last Hope

I panicked when I watched the vision of prophecy play in front of me. I saw demons pouring out of their world and invaded other worlds, including mine. I felt even panicker when I saw them slaughtering my race.

Gosh, it was deadly. But then a boy appeared from the gate that conected my world to Iruvyn, leading a horde of armies. The demons were pushed back into their prison, and the boy sealed them.

The vision faded, and I returned to reality. Sweat was falling from my tapered head like a waterfall. I wiped it with my talon.

"Galador, you okay? What did you see?" asked Vyuziros, the person I consider brother since I was a hatchling. "Slaughter. I saw demons slaughtering our race. Only one dragon was left. I don't know who."

Vyuziros looked at me, hoping to get more. "Is that it?" "No, there's more. A boy from Iruvyn defeated the demons and sealed them." I finished.

Vyuziros nodded. Then we went to tell this to the elders. Unfortunately, they didn't believe me. They were too cocky with our race's strength. They didn't believe that the seal that held the demons at bay was weakening.

Whatever. Even though they didn't believe it, I did. And I'm going to prepare for it. Vyu believed me, and supported me. We started telling my vision to the dragons.

Some of them believed, others didn't. But we only managed to get a few believers. We started to prepare ourselves for war. 'Cause it's coming soon.

*-_-*

And it really happened. The demons did get out of their prison. Their sudden appearances caught the unbelievers off guard. Some of us who has prepared for war led them into a shelter. The rest of us fought them.

I was one of the dragons who fought. And the battle, it was exactly like in the vision. It's a massacre. Our magics can't hold out the demons'. They're stronger than us.

Our numbers are chopped down. There's only a few of us left. It got even worse when one of my men told me that the demons found the shelter and killed everyone.

That means there's only five dragons left in this world. I was desperate when I looked at the corpses of my kin. "Galador!" Vyu's voice pierced my ears.

I looked at him who was fighting with several demons. "Galador, there's still a way. Open the gate to Iruvyn and find this boy. We believe in you. You're the last hope." he said while still fighting.

I heard a fireball coming straight at me so I sidestepped and focused on the demon that attacked me. "But what about you guys? I can't just leave you like that."

Vyu sighed. "It has been our destiny to die in this battlefield. We will give you time to open the gate. Go! Don't make our sacrifices in va- urgh!" An arrow pierced him right in the spine. I gasped when I saw that. My brother just took a hit.

I froze. I can't do anything. My muscles locked. I was just like a greenhorn in war. "Go... please." Vyu said in a lower voice. I nodded and flew away.

As I flew, I watched how Aestrigoth looked right now. Once it was a beatiful continent surrounded by isles. Now, it was burning like hell. I shook of my thought and focused on my mission.

I arrived at the realm gate. It's a portal that consisted of two big dragon claws that sparked lightning into the center. Now I just need to channel my mana to the tips of the huge claw.

Minutes passed, and it was finally done. The claws sent lightning bolts to the center and formed a gate. I looked back at my world one more time before I stepped through the gate.

Please vote and comment!