Birthday

It was almost boring during the next few weeks. Nothing really interesting happened after Rick telling everyone about the old Carl, the Trevor children learning about Sophia, and Cassia eavesdropping on Rick and Carl's conversation.

It was three weeks later.

June 13.

Cassia woke up to a very pleasant thought in her mind and her brothers spoke her thought out loud, "Happy birthday, Cass!"

That's right; it was Cassia's birthday. She was finally a teenager.

"Did I hear you correct? Was that the word 'birthday' I heard?" Daryl stopped in the doorway of the cell as Cassia sat up on her bed, her feet dangling off of the edge.

"It's Cass's birthday." Auggie jumped up and down excitedly.

Beth got down from her top bunk above Carl, asking, "Who's birthday is it?"

"Cass's," Dustin repeated.

"Awesome," Beth smiled. "How old are you now?"

"Thirteen," Cassia answered, politely, with a smile spread widely across her face.

Carl rubbed his eyes, tiredly, as he sat up in his bottom bunk bed, saying, "Wait, I'm older than you?"

"I guess; it's not like I would know the answer to that, dumbass," Cassia muttered.

Carl added, "I know that, Princess, but I was just asking because I turned thirteen four months ago."

"Awww, y'all are so little." Beth walked over to Carl and pinched his cheeks like a grandmother would do. Cassia let out a small giggle as Carl frowned at Beth.

Carl told Beth, "You know you don't have to make me feel younger than I really am, right?"

"I know," Beth nodded, smiling, "But it's fun to make you mad, so I do it anyway."

"She's got a point," Cassia giggled.

"Don't think I forgot about you, shortie." Beth turned towards Cassia with her fingers ready for cheek-pinching.

After getting her cheeks pinched by "Grandma" Beth, Cassia rebounded with, "Hey, don't call me 'shortie'. I'm not that short."

"How tall are you?" Dustin asked her, giving Cassia this look that told her that he knew how tall she was.

Cassia muttered the answer, making it impossible for them to make out what she said, "Four foot seven."

"I'm sorry; what was that?" Dustin put his left hand to his left ear and leaned toward her.

"Four foot seven," Cassia said, barely loud enough for them to hear.

Daryl opened his mouth, as if to say something, but Cassia stopped him with, "Don't you dare say it, Daryl Dixon."

"I'm going to walk away now because if I don't, I'll say it and she'll get mad," Daryl stated and then walked out.

"Dustin, how tall are you?" Beth questioned.

"Four foot eight," Dustin replied with a big smile on his face. "I'm ten."

Cassia looked up, "Don't any of you say one single freaking word."

"I'm thirteen and four foot eleven," Carl spoke. "If anyone was wondering."