1.

Hi. For those of you out there who don't know me, I'm Carson. I live in Etheron, and stuff.

But to get to the point. Today is Ernte Day. Pretty much, based off of your talents, you go off to join one of an elite 7 groups. Which one will I join? Well, my friends, I have no idea.

As the town's alarm goes off, I twist in my sheets so that I'm facing the bed closest to the window, where my brother used to sleep. He left last year, on this same day, to join the farming clan. He is my best friend. Or was. I don't know where he is now. Every day I wait for him to visit.

Trying to shake the sad memory away, I roll off the bed with a loud thump. Clumsily, I get up and drag my feet across the floor. I open a dusty cabinet, and pull out the outfit I chose just last night.

"It's your big day," my mom walks in as I begin to unbutton my pj shirt. I can tell she's nervous. But she's hiding behind her kind face. She wore her thick brown hair back in a bun.

To calm down, I hop in my bath bin, and take a wash thoroughly.

Finally, when I was dressed, I'd ate, I'd brushed my teeth, and my own brown hair was combed nicely back, I walked over to my little sister. An observation- she's been quiet lately.

"Don't go..." She seemed to say under her breath. I steadied her with my hands that were about the size of her face, and looked directly at her.

"I have to go. One day you'll have to be just as brave as me, and you'll find your destiny. I'll try to come back and visit as soon as possible, but here's my favorite toy soldier for the meantime."

I hesitate, I wanted to bring this with me, but I hand over the prestigious soldier with his Etheron leather cap.

As I look up, I meet my mom's eyes. We both knew it was time to go. So, I get up from my kneeling picture and say my last goodbyes.

I grab my suit case full of clothes. As I walk out the door, I look back, to see their kind faces one more time. I don't know when the time will come that I'll see them again.

^^^^^
Suggestions please ^_^
I'm working on my writing :3