CHAPTER-5

A/N: It's nice already being done with a fic when you go to post it! I'll post them as quickly as I can. I do have to reformat them and do last minute editing before posting. Hope you are enjoying it! Cheers!

~

The trio awoke the next day and after a light breakfast, boarded the first in a small series of trains that would take them from Rome to Vienna. When the appropriate privacy charms had been cast, they settled into friendly games of exploding snap or wizard chess. If Harry didn't think too hard it was almost like when they were riding the Hogwart's Express in their school days.

It was while he was on this train of thought that Hermione looked up from the chess game she was losing badly to Ron.

"Do either of you think you're going to return to Hogwarts? You know...finish our education?"

Ron and Harry exchanged looks. "I'm not sure Hermione. It just won't quite be the same now will it?" Ron offered. They all knew he was talking about Fred. "Besides, do you really think we need it?"

"Well, depending on what you want to do, a lot of careers are going to want N.E.W.T's. They're not exactly going to just hand us whatever career we want."

Harry had to admit she had a point. "I might go back. After all, I don't really have anywhere else to go." It was the truth. Harry had no desire to return to Grimmauld Place or Privet Drive and any plans he had for his parent's home would have to wait.

"We could get a flat." Ron offered.

"What about the Burrow?" Hermione asked him as her last pawn was getting throttled by Ron's queen.

"As much as I love my family, it's time for me to move out. It's just been...suffocating there lately." Harry hated how almost any conversation turned into a conversation about the war's aftermath.

Hermione gave Ron a concerned look before continuing. "Well, if we went back to Hogwarts, we could at least be together until we figured out what we're doing."

That comforting thought seemed to end the discussion. It was quiet except for the sounds of the chess pieces moving as Ron tried to corner Hermione's king. Harry couldn't decide if he wanted to talk to his friends yet about Godric's Hollow just yet. Maybe they should figure out exactly what they're all going to be doing first.

Ron seemed to sense Harry's disquiet and had other ideas. "Something on your mind mate? Checkmate Hermione."

Hermione pushed her king over before looking at Harry expectedly. Harry had to give it to his friends, it was increasingly hard to get anything by them.

"Well, we were talking about places to live, and I have just been thinking..."

"About Godric's Hollow." Hermione finished for him.

"Er....yeah." Harry added lamely.

Ron had a puzzled expression on his face. "What? Your mum and dad's place? Or somewhere else in the village?"

I want to rebuild my mum and dad's."

Ron and Hermione both gave him a knowing look. "Well, we're more than happy to help. Though, I don't know that either of us will be much help at first."

Hermione's expression brightened. "Well we'll just have to learn won't we?"

"Thanks guys. It means a lot." Harry didn't feel the need to go into all his reasons why. They probably knew anyways.

~

When they had reached Vienna, they settled into their hotel. It was a similar setup to their last one. Side by side suites: one for the boys and one for Hermione. Harry had burned through quite a bit of gold to afford their accommodations (not to mention the exchange rate to muggle money), but in his mind it was worth it. Gold had never meant too much to him anyways. He had also spent a pretty penny on a surprise he had for his friends.