2.0

Jay threw his black leather bag over his shoulder and walked up the pathway to his front door, he placed the key in the wooden door, realizing the door was already unlocked. He opened up the door to the dimly lit living room slowly, squinting his eyes as he scanned the room. His nerves eased, he turned around to close the door only turning back to see a tall shadow standing a few feet in front of him.

"Long time no see." The figure stepped under the single dim light hanging from the ceiling, exposing the devilish grin on his face.

Jay's posture eased up as he recognized the familiar face. It was Massey, the boy Jay grew up with. Massey still looked the same; he had those blue raspberry eyes, that wavy dirty brown hair, finished with a heavily chiseled jawline.

"Why are you here?" Jay's face frowned up as he eyed the boy.

"I could ask you the same thing, but I think I already know." Massey walked around the room, running his fingers over the hipster styled furniture as he passed; he shook his head, still sporting that grin. Jay stood in silence as he monitored the boy suspiciously, he wondered what Massey's true intentions were.

"No but really, what brought you all the way out here? Was it the V on the neck, or was it her face? I vote on the face." Massey's grin widened at his last remark as he watched for Jay's reaction. Nothing, Jay stood there stern, his face didn't move an inch. Massey burst out in laughter.

"All the lies will eventually rise to the surface." Massey finished; his grin grew wider than ever. Massey walked out of the door, not acknowledging Jay. Jay watched with a stern look on his face, as the boy wandered down the street to go who knows where, to do who knows what. He had to admit, Massey did intimidate him.

-

Dear Diary,

Last night was crazy! I thought about it, I could live in fear, or I could be smart. Whoever, or whatever it is that's behind these attacks is treating this like a game, so let's play. I feel like I'm only getting closer to figuring out who's behind this. Dominick has been out of it, Cosima gave him some pills to help him sleep, but you can't sleep the pain away. He's been knocked out all day. I never really trusted her pills. I want to let him know everything's going to be okay, but I want to be sure of that myself first.

Stella closed her diary, and stared at the tainted sky blue leather cover. She smiled, and threw herself back on her bed. She didn't even know what she was smiling at. She snuggled herself in her silky white sheets. She heard footsteps walking through the door.

"How are you feeling?" Cosima said softly. She smiled, resting her head on the wall.

"Good, which is weird." This is the first time since the incident that Stella didn't resent having to wake up, and endure what that day would bring.

"That's isn't weird. I like whoever this girl is." Cosima trailed off the conversation and gestured towards her outfit, she had on a black and white polka dot dress that stopped right above her knees, and pointed black heels.

"Who are you trying to impress?" Stella laughed, a genuine laugh.

"I'm meeting with a new investigator." They both rolled their eyes at the same time. There was no point, they got called in periodically to repeat what they knew about that night, and it still led the investigators to nothing, nothing at all. It was a waste of everyone's time. There was a knock at the door, Stella followed Cosima down the chestnut wooden stairs, peering around the door to see who it was.

"Oh it's you." Cosima looked passed the boy, and scanned the empty street up and down, before gesturing for him to come inside. "Wait here, while I go get it." Cosima walked towards the basement, that's where she practiced her medicine and stored what she made, no one was allowed in there besides her. Stella noticed the boy staring at her, she eyed him up and down, before turning around, heading over for the kitchen. She stopped as he began to speak.