14. THE DATE [KARMA]

—Theon's bloodline was blessed with the  form of powerful wolves who would sing of their Goddess' sacrifice on each full moon

[KARMA]

I MANAGED TO fall asleep again last night but I still woke up groggy and tired the next morning.

Checking my phone I saw that no one had messaged me. Not even Chet and it was already 8 AM. He was an early riser and was always up by 5 AM to work out. I could never wake that early, especially when there was no school.

Padding downstairs, I was surprised to see Kaitlyn already up and making breakfast.

"Either I'm still dreaming or this is just an elaborate prank," I said out loud, looking around for cameras.

She rolled her eyes at me before scooping up the egg from the frying pan onto a plate with two slices of toast and some bacon as I sat at the table, "It's my apology breakfast, for being such a bitc- idiot."

"Aww," I smiled and grabbed a piece of toast, flipping it over to see that it was completely burnt on the underside. I deadpanned as I turned my eyes to her.

"Sh-shut up," she said, looking embarrassed, "I didn't have to you know."

"Yeah but I don't see why you have to torture me to apologise," I laughed, and she rolled her eyes again before pouring a cup of hot water for my tea.

"You're welcome."

"Thank you," I cooed as she got her own food, sitting across from me.

As we ate I watched her scroll through her phone and she looked up to see me staring.

"What?" She asked around a mouthful of toast.

"I just... I'm a little worried about you and Ashton. I mean I don't know if you've noticed but this is your first relationship and sometimes when you're young-"

"Oh god," Kaitlyn groaned putting her toast down, "Please don't tell me you're trying to give me the talk right now, because this toast is already making me sick enough and you're like four years too late."

I chuckled a bit at that.

"Ashton and I aren't dating. she continued, "We're just friends, like you guys are, for now. But you know what, I don't think I wanna settle. My first time will be a threesome."

I sputtered, almost choking on my tea at her words as she laughed and passed me a napkin to wipe my mouth.

"Oh my god, Kaitlyn!"