Roadtrip

[Chapter 1]

I hate the sun.

London has always been a dark place for me, which is why I like it. I don't have to worry about the heat or getting a sun burn, but oddly, the sun was blazing on my face right now.

Groaning before I got up, I internally panicked.

This is not my room. Where in the world are my Avicii posters? Martin Garrix? Where are my doctorate papers? Are you freaking kidding me?

Then, I just chuckled. Daniel what has gotten into you? I suddenly remembered all the weeks of planning this pre-semester get away. I was currently in my hotel room. I may have had a crazy night.

I got up and tugged on the corners of the bed cover, making it as straight as possible then walked to my luggage grabbing my toiletries and clothes.

"Hey man! Are you up?" Not bothering to even knock or even hesitating to idle by the door, I see one of my mates walking straight into my room, wearing my boxers.

Groaning, I walked up to him and hit him with my bag of toiletries. "Did I not tell you to pack your own underwear, Peter?"

He swats me back with the bag. "Did I not tell you to just pack your toiletries and not put them in a little girl pouch?" This ungrateful 5-year-old minded boy has the guts to lecture me. I took the bag and threw at him, once again, hitting him square in the face.

His jaw dropped and threw a pillow at me. I arched my eyebrow at him, as if telling him: Oh yeah sure. That hurts so much. 

Whining, he left the room and screamed, "Just get ready, yeah? We're going to the beach in half an hour. We're getting breakfast there."

I gave him a small nod and pushed him out of my hotel room. Wishing that none of the other 6 fools will come barging in again.

***

We were all sitting in a 'booth' we made, meaning 4 tables pushed up to become a long table while making small talk. This was the last day of our 2 week road trip down at Leeds, before the 1st semester of our 3rd year in college starts. We did this almost every time before a semester starts and this would be our 3rd one, considering we only met when we were freshmen.

I typed in a quick text to my mom that I would be home later this evening before picking up the menu and groaning to see that their so called famous pancakes were all out. I was expecting some good ol' American style pancakes in my belly this morning.

A tall and slim girl walked up to us holding a notepad and wearing a white see through long sleeved blouse. I quickly looked at Mark and sure enough he was already eyeing our waitress through his sun glasses, which she took as a sign and winked at him.

Typical Engineering majors.

"Hi I'm Amanda, your waitress for today. What can I get you guys?"

I placed my menu down and crossed my arms. Let the show begin.

Mark removed his sunglasses and ran his fingers through his blonde locks. "I'll take a slice of Amanda's fine beauty with a side of her number, please."

Amanda giggled flirtatiously and bit her lower lip while peeking through her eye lashes.

Game. Set. Match.

Amanda leaned in and whispered to Mark's ear, which he obviously enjoyed, seeing his hand roaming places that I wouldn't mention. 

I chuckled along with Peter and let my eyes roam around the place. The breakfast bar had an amazing view of the beach and luckily, it wasn't filled with people yet, giving us a chance to enjoy it later.