Next Time

[Chapter 2]

She was so beautiful.

We were all sitting in a restaurant, it was already 2 in the afternoon, and we were starving.

I didn't even know her name.

James nudged me and asked me again, "Hey mate. Are you okay? Your mind's been in the other room since this morning."

I shook my head and told him that I was fine.

"James, don't mind him. He's just down because he wasn't able to ask the Asian chick's name." Peter butts in with his mouth full of lasagna. Pig.

"Well, ask Camille then. She's in her crew." James replied while waving his hand to Camille, whom was obviously enjoyed her session with Luke.

Camille broke off from the heated kiss and took a sip from her drink before answering back, "I already told you. We were walking by when she was dancing and we asked if we could join her. We were there for like 2 or 3 songs. We just danced; I didn't know her name and none of my crew did. She left before we could ask her at all. But to be honest, she was really good."

"Let's just drop this. She's just a girl." I said while taking a bite out of my chocolate cake.

This is delicious. I just have to stop thinking about the Asian, and I can enjoy my cake even more. She's nothing, Daniel. She's just a pretty girl. You have girls waiting for you at University and you can just think about them. At least you know their names; the Asian can't even probably speak English.

_______

"Thanks, man." I dropped off Peter first at his house before I went to mine which was just 2 houses after his. Seeing the huge tree house beside his house made me remember all the times we spent together as little boys, we were probably called the 'cool kids' in town. But the ones who really hung out with us, knew that we were complete dorks.

I start driving towards my house and got all nostalgic seeing my blue house, painted by me and my dad when I was only 7 years old. My mom got so pissed off because after the whole day painting, I was covered in blue paint. It took her 3 hours to scrub everything off, even with the help of paint remover.

I hopped off my car and took my luggage that was in the back seat.

I walked to the porch and was waiting for the sound I missed, the creaking of our floor boards of our front porch.

I laughed to myself before hitting the doorbell.

Here we go.

"DANNY!" I could already hear my mother screaming that dreadful nickname. She swung the door opened and gave me a tight hug which I returned to her.

Yes, I'm a mama's boy.

"Hey mom." I grinned widely at her before pecking her cheek.

"Hey baby boy. Come in, go and change your clothes and we'll have dinner." My mother said as she pulled me inside of the house and literally pushed me up the stairs to my room. She always did this: cooking a massive dinner every time I went home.

"Alright mom." I climbed up the stairs and headed straight to the room that was across mine.

I knocked softly before opening the door, just to see my 10 year old sister sprawled on her bed, "Hey Danica."

"Daniel!" She immediately got up and hugged me tight and boy was she getting taller. I hugged her back and kissed the top of her forehead. "I have something for you but we have to open it when we're outside. Okay?" I whispered into her ear as she squealed like the typical 10 year old she was.