Day Four: No-Shows and Trumpet Blows

So yesterday went great. I got back from my school's Christmas concert and holy hell I didn't fuck up! One percussion kid who was on tambourine kept trying to speed up/slow down the tempo in our first song when he was supposed to stay in time with me, and one of our snares missed a couple notes also in our first song, but other than that we did great!
    Speaking of the snare player, he almost didn't show up. He missed our warm up and our song intros, and got to the stage and in his place just in time for our first song. Throughout the entire percussion section while we were waiting to start, everybody was wondering where each person was and my friend was saying "I'm calling it a no-show." And my response each time was "I'm calling him dead if he doesn't get over here soon." He was only one out of two people who knew the snare parts for the percussion solo in our second song so everyone was fucking terrified that he was a no-show for our first concert. He did show up, which had saved the entire percussion section.
    And that tambourine, man, he was way off. He was supposed to play eighth notes the entire song and had started out good, but then began playing on random beats throughout the song. It was out biggest hiccup of the entire concert. Other than that, things went great!
    Sorry for not updating about this yesterday, I was super tired. In other news, my friend got me into Twenty One Pilots and I got her into Black Butler. They're super awesome and I can't believe I was skipping out on them! In fact, I'm listening to Stressed Out while I write. Unngh, Fueled by Ramen picked the greats: Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Twenty One Pilots... They're doing the work of gods!