2 [Stripped]

Caiden

I was running through an ally way after I heard the gunshot in the nightclub. My feet tapping against the ground and the sound echoing against the concrete walls. I look over my shoulder, and saw the man I was running away from. He carried a pistol in his hand, and he was chasing after me.

My heart jumped, and I pushed myself to run faster. I breathed through my mouth. In and out. In and out. In and out.

"Why are you running, eh?" the man's voice mocked in my head. "Why are you running? I'm just trying to take care of you... son..."

The sound of a gunshot blew my eardrums, and I felt a sharp pain in my arm.

He shot my arm. Holy crap.

His satisfied laughter filled the ally way, and I had tripped on something. I pushed myself to my butt and looked down at my feet. My mother, covered in blood, lies on the ground, tears in her eyes.

"Mom!" I scream, my voice cracking.

"I love you, Caiden," my mother whispers.

A cat meowed, catching my attention. I look behind and saw a black cat with white paws behind me, sitting and moving its tail around. It meowed again, looking at me. I turn towards my father. He was standing in front of me, his gun pointed at me. My eyes grew wide and I turn my head around again.

But this time, it wasn't a cat. It was a girl. In a black leather jacket, black booty shorts, black fingerless gloves, and a mask. Her hair was brown and curled and was wearing red lipstick. She smiles at me, angling her head to the side. I turn back around and saw my father melting.

"No...!" he cries, and he completely liquifies.

Feeling safe, I look down at my mom. She was looking at me, looking half dead, and I broke down.

"Mom," I cry, picking her up and hugging her. "Momma don't leave me..."

"Mom!" I scream, moving up and seeing my bedroom.

I look around my surroundings, panting.

This is definitely my room.

I close my eyes, let out a relieved sigh, and laid back in my bed.

Man, what kind of dream was that? I never had a nightmare since I was a kid.

I tried to move my arms around to stretch, but when I lifted my right arm, I immediately put it down. Why did it hurt so bad? I open my eyes and noticed it was wrapped in elastic adhesive bandages.

When did I...?

I blinked and checked if I really hurt my arm. I lifted, groaned, then put it back down.

Okay... What went down last night?

"What the hell?" I whisper when I hear metal clinging from the kitchen.

Then I heard loud footsteps from outside the hallway. I kept my eyes on the door, balling my good hand into a fist. All these years of football better come in hand. I will not allow my a** get beaten by some crusty a** burglar.

When the footsteps came as loud, and my anticipation had risen to its peak, the door opens and it reveals a girl. In my shirt. From last night. She was holding a bowl in one hand and a cup of water in another. She looks very familiar...

She rose her eyebrows when she saw my defensive state. I unclenched my fist and relaxed a little. When she saw me less defending, she sighs and walks towards me.