Chapter 2 Breathe

David's Pov

We sat at the dinner table eating, Noah was sitting on Emma's lap hiding his face in her shoulder, and Leah and Neal sat in the highchairs eating, "Em's why don't you let me take him so that you could eat?" I went over to her and picked up Noah, he started screaming at the top of his lungs I tried to calm him down, but he didn't I took him in the other room and rocked him while Emma ate. Emma looked beat, with working at the station, then going home to take care of the babies, and then picking up Henry from school. She finished eating and started to clear the table. Mary Margret had to tell her to go relax and that she would clean up Henry took Leah and Neal to go and play and Killian walked Emma over to the couch to go sit down. Killian took Noah from me, but he still cried, Emma came over to us and took Noah out of Killian's arms and he stopped. She rocked him and he quickly fell asleep. 

"Emma, go lay him down in Neal's room." Mary Margret told Emma, When she came back down the stairs, she went and sat with Killian. She leaned on Killian and Mary Margret went over to her and started rubbing her back. Emma started crying and she couldn't stop. 

I whispered to Mary Margret, "I'm going to take Henry, Neal and Leah out for ice cream, so that you two can talk." She nodded and I told Henry and he he picked Leah up and brought her outside and put her in the stroller and I put Neal in his stroller and we walked to go to the ice cream shop.

Mary Margret's Pov

David took the kids to go get ice cream, Emma was crying hysterically, "Killian, can you get Emma a some water and then can you go check on Noah, I want to talk to Emma alone." "He nodded his head and left the room. "Emma, what is going on?" She wouldn't look at me, "Emma look at me, please, what is going on?" 

"I'm just trying to do so much at once I have to take care of the twins, and Henry, I have work, Noah's been sick, and Killian and I are trying to plan the wedding, but we haven't even had a chance  to even think about it. Mom, I'm so tired." 

"Oh, Emma?" that was all I could say, she leaned her head over to me and put it on my shoulder. Killian walked in handed her the water and then left and went outside to hang out. "Hey Emma, look at me, I understand what you are going through, trust me I know, this is the first time that you have to raise the child, and what makes it even harder is that you had twins. It will get better I promise. you have Killian, Henry, your father, and me to help you out. Just remember to breathe, relax and breathe everything will be alright. I promise." She laid her head back on  my shoulder and fell asleep. Killian walked back inside and sat next to her rubbing her back, I put my arm around her and held her. "Killian can you take my place I have to run upstairs for a minute." He nodded and slid into my seat, I ran up the stairs and into the room where Noah was sleeping, I sat with him so that Emma and Killian could be alone for a little while.

When I head back down the stairs I stopped and watched them, Killian was holding Emma and rubbing her back, I brought down a blanket to cover her with. David and Henry walked in holding two sleeping babies. I motioned for them to go lay them down in the playpen. The two of them brought them upstairs and put them to sleep. David came down and motioned for me to go into the kitchen. I followed him, "Is Em's alright?"

"Yeah, she's just been under a lot of stress and she's exhausted. She fell asleep on my shoulder, but I told Killian to take my place. David I think we should watch the twins for her this weekend, Henry is going to be at Regina's and Emma told me that they're trying to plan there wedding, but they haven't any time to."

"Alright, lets talk to the two of them, we can take them on Saturday afternoon and keen them until Sunday night." I noticed that Emma had lifted her head and was now awake, David and I walked back into the living room, but then we all heard a piercing scream, and Emma ran up the stairs to where all of the kids were asleep. First Noah started screaming, then Leah did, and then Neal started. David, Killian and I, came running up the stairs to help Emma. Emma picked up Noah, Killian grabbed Leah and I grabbed Neal. Leah and Neal stopped crying as soon as they were picked up, but Noah kept screaming, Emma was practically in tears, "Emma, come here let me take Noah." But as soon as David went near him he screamed even louder, Killian went over to them with Leah and Leah started rubbing her brothers head. He then stopped crying and fell back to sleep. We all took them downstairs and sat back to talk. "Em's, your mother came up with the idea that this weekend, Saturday afternoon to Sunday night that we are going to babysit the twins for you two, so you guys can have a little time alone away from Noah and Leah."

"Mom, Dad, I don't want to trouble you."

"Sweetheart, it's not a problem I promise."

"Well I guess it would be nice to have a little bit of time away from them for one night, if it's ok with you then I will accept your offer. Thank you so much, we have to get home, we will talk to you soon."

We all said goodbye and they walked out the door, "Oh Emma before you leave, can I talk to you?" she turned around and looked at me, still holding Noah in her arms, "Sweetie please call me if you have any issues, and remember to breathe, and relax." She nodded her head and gave me a big hug, and she got in the car and they drove home.