Falling away with you

Saturday

'I want to dye my hair.' Matt mumbles into my hair as we watch TV on the sofa.

'Okay, what colour?' I reply, sitting a bit more upright.

'Hmm, blue.' He says back, with a big smile on his face.

'Really?' I ask, looking up at him. 'I don't think the teachers would appreciate that!'

'Meh, I don't care what they think. I want blue hair.' He adamantly says.

'Fine, let's go get some dye now. We'll have to bleach it first though, yeah?' I rush, standing up and grabbing my bag and purse. Matt jumps up and grabs my hand as we leave the door.

When we get to the shop, we immediately go over to the hair section, and find some hair bleach and an electric blue dye.

'Matt! This one is the same colour as your eyes!!' I almost shout, waving it at him.

'Awesome!' He screeches, looking at it intently. I put it in the basket and we walk around the shop for a while, still in the toiletries/health section.

'Anything else you need?' I ask, stopping as he swings round to stand in front of me, I put the basket down next to me and wrap my arms around his neck.

'You.' He whispers, and I laugh just as he goes to kiss me. 'What?' He says.

'That is so cheesy!!' I giggle, and he grins. 'I love you.' I sigh, and we kiss.

'Get a room!' I hear a familiar voice say, and I turn around to be greeted by Dom, holding a box of condoms. 'You'll be needing these?' He continues, shaking the box at us.

'Fuck off.' Matt laughs from behind me. Dom throws them into our basket, and says, 'You'll thank me later.'

'Dom you are so mature.' I retort sarcastically as Matt snorts, putting his arms around my waist from behind. Wow, I like him so much. No, I love him. I know that is impossible because I have only known him for a week, but I really do.

'Dominic!' We hear a voice call, and Dom sighs and goes to his Mum. I bend down to take the box out of the green basket - but Matt pulls me back with a cheeky grin. I spin round a place a hand on his chest, raising my eyebrows, eventually giving in as he stares at me with his amazing blue eyes.

We get home and race straight up to the bathroom.

'Right, rinse your hair off quickly.' I order him, and he does so. 'Great, so I'll bleach it first, it just strips the colour out to make the blue more intense.' I pull on a pair of rubber gloves and start to bleach his hair, washing it out when it has been in for long enough. It actually suits him quite well!

'Matt, your hair looks quite good blonde!' I compliment him, and he looks in the mirror.

'It's okay I suppose. Blue blue blue!' He sounds like an over-excited toddler. I massage the blue dye into his hair as he keeps his head over the bath.

'My neck hurts!' He complains after about 5 minutes - understandable.

'Well it's been in for long enough now so we can wash it out.' I reply as I quickly wash the dye out and hand him a towel to put over his head.

He towel-dries his hair and looks at me. I stare with wide eyes.

'That. Looks. Wicked.' I say, my jaw hanging, he grins from ear to ear and we clean up all of the bottles and go back to the living room.

'Where is your grandma?' I question him, and he furrows his brow.

'She said she was going away for the weekend I think. She's back on Monday.' Is his answer.

'Right, so what do you want for dinner then?' I say, and his head shoots up.

'Paaaasssttttaaaaaa.' He elongates, and I laugh.

'Wow, someone really likes pasta!' I retaliate and he nods. 'Okay, we need 200 grams of flour, and 2 eggs.'

He jumps up and heads to the kitchen, taking the flour and eggs out of the cupboard. I crack the eggs into a bowl with the flour and he starts to knead it, taking a pinch of flour out of the bag, which I assume is to thicken up the dough. But no, I am greeted with flour to the face.

'If your hair wasn't so cool, I would dump flour on top of your head.' I grunt and he does his adorable little giggle - I can't stay mad at him! I wipe the flour off my face best I can and by the time I return Matt already has the pasta boiling and has concocted some sort of tomato sauce.

When we've finished eating I wash up the plates. Heading back into the living room, I notice that Matt isn't there. I walk up the stairs and find him in his room, hurriedly writing things down in a notepad.

'Whatcha writing?' I ask, making him jump.

'Oh, I had an idea so I needed to write it down before I forgot it.' He explains and I sit down on the bed next to him.

'Can I see it?' I ask, snuggling up to his shoulder.

'It's not finished yet. When I have finished it you can.' He replies, closing the notepad and putting his arm around me.

'Thank-you for letting me stay with you.' I whisper, breathing in his scent.

'I love having you here.' Matt replies, and I smile as he kisses my cheek. I put my hand on his cheek and he turns his face back to mine and kisses me on the lips with his hands on my waist. He brings the kiss deeper and I begin to run my fingers through his spiky blue hair. He moves his hands up and down my back as he starts to lean backwards until I am over him. I tug at the hem of his shirt and we break apart for a second so he can slip it off as I take off mine. We kiss again and his hands fumble at my bra strap. I roll off of him for a second to grab the bag from the shop earlier - maybe Dominic was right after all...

*Dom's POV*

Jeez, I have been knocking at the door for 5 minutes! What the fuck are they doing?

After 10 minutes of waiting I am just about to give up when a panting Matt opens the door, his shirt askew and his hair a mess. Next to him, a significantly better groomed Ashlea is waiting, but she is also breathing heavily. Ohhhh, I see.

'Took my advice!' I laugh, and Ashlea goes a bit red, as does Matt.

'Maybe.' They reply in unison as Matt takes her hand and she loosens up a bit.

'Anyway, I was going to say, the freezer from the sweetshop is broken, so they are giving away ice-cream.' I continue as their breathing returns to normal again.

'Cool! Do you want to go?' He asks Ashlea, and she nods, running a hand through her hair and pulling on her shoes.