Chapter 1 - A surprising news

It was raining heavily, for hours now and Hailey was hiding under a small improvised tent between two garbage cans, hoping she wouldn't get wet. Only the sound of the rain hitting the soaked ground and the noices of the beautiful town called London could be heard. But this wasn't new to Hailey, she had been living like this since she can remember. Homeless, she lived by the day, searching for her food, a good shelter, wondering why she didn't have a family like the others. But Hailey wouldn't be able to live in a home, like a Foster home, because she was special, in a good way. 

It was late that night when Hailey heard a rustling sound outside the tent. She opened the tent, thinking it was Fitz, to be face to face with an owl.

"Fitz? Is that you?"

For answer, the owl left an envelopp on the ground. Hailey bend a little and acknowledged the hand writting immediatly.

"Oh no! You again! How... Go away. Come on! Shoo! Leave me alone and don't you dare come back." 

Probably offended, the owl let out a little scream and flew away as a cat was coming their way, silently. Hailey heard him and turned to face it. 

"Fitz?" She asked looking straight at the cat.

The cat transformed into a beagle as an answer to her call.

"Finally! I was starting to wonder where you went, so I could go and look for you. I thought you had abandoned me... Come dry yourself inside."

The beagle got inside the tent and shook off the rain, leaving water drops on the canvas. Hailey grabbed her letter on the go and was about to torn it but Fitz started to scold.

"What? You know it's a bad joke. There is not Hogwarts here. It just someone who think he's funny." She opened the letter and showed it to her friend. "Here, look: Dear Miss Hailey Potter... How do they know my name? We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Pfff... Like a school like this could ever exist. I am no witch... I would know if I was." 

Fitz let out another grunt.

"So what? It's not because I can change my appearance like I want to that I'm necessarily a witch. And how could I have sent a request to that school, that I don't even know, and doesn't exist?"

Suddenly, a loud noice made her jump. Fitz put himself in an attack position and Hailey backed up to the bottom of the tent. Loud steps were coming their way. Hailey, breathing rapidly, stopped to breath. A deep voice, really deep voice, pronouced her name.

"Hailey..."

At the sound of her name beeing said by a stranger scared her. How did it knew her name? She never told anyone. Not knowing what to do, she stayed frozen. It only took a moment before a large head covered with black hair and a beard of the same color appeared in the doors of their improvised home.

"Hailey?"

The named girl started scream and kicked the large face with her feet.

"Oww..."

The head got out of the tent, leaving Hailey a chance to run away. Just as she had the chance to take the alley to put as much distance between her and the stranger, she find herself running for nothing as she was lifted a few feet in the air. Fitz began to bark at the large head and took a bite at his leg. 

"Let me go! Let me go, I said!"

"Calm down, Hailey. Calm down." The large man replied. "I'm not here to hurt ya. Here, look. I'm gonna let ya down. But please, don't run. I just wanna talk. Can ya ask ya dog to let me leg go?"