Ficlet af

Quick Note: whoops I have been plagued with illness and stressful school projects and laziness but I finally wrote something

~~<•>~~

The minute Fitz had emerged from the portal and been whisked off to the relative safety of the Bus, Jemma was essentially attacking his head with gauze and antiseptics.

Well first she was hugging him tight, tears nearly spilling across his cotton shirt, but then she was attacking his head with gauze and antiseptics.

"I cannot believe Ward did this to you," Jemma muttered furiously to herself as she dabbed at the bloody wound on his forehead.

"Really?" Fitz managed to laugh, hoping to ease the situation, but Jemma only pressed harder, making his cut sting.  She began fussing even more as she secured the gauze on with medical tape, jerking his head this way and that.

"Jem- Jem! Jemma, would you relax about my damn head?"

"You could have head trauma, concussions, God, your hypoxia with-"
"I'm fine."  Jemma dropped her arms to her waist while Fitz smiled tiredly at her.  She couldn't believe him. Smiling after all the hell they'd been through.  She peeled the gloves from her hands and began packing everything away.

"I just- you were away for so long."

"Twelve hours is nothing compared to six months, Jemma."

"A minute without you feels like eternity," she breathed out quickly, glancing back up to his face and running a finger gently across the bandage.

"I came back to you," Fitz replied, and it was almost as if his entire being was lit up in a smile, though his facial expression was unchanged.  Her fingers paused over his ear.

Jemma glanced at his lips quickly before they dove into each other, both seeming to know the direction this was headed before it even started.