No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 16

Last chapter Charlie was not feeling so good…

Now an unwanted guest shows up but has all the answers about Charlotte.

This chapter is pretty much dialogue but a lot is cleared up :D

Hope you like where the story is going.

Chapter 16

Present Day - Damon's Room

"I wouldn't wake Elijah if I were you. I'm guessing he's pretty cosy down there in that basement and won't be too happy when you wake him from being dead... undead... especially when you were the ones who killed him in the first place," a smug voice said... a voice they both unfortunately recognised.

Damon and Charlie both spun around to find Katherine standing in the doorway of his room; her bitchy face matching her smug voice. She wore her long dark hair curled, tight black jeans, black heeled boots and a purple tank top. She now wore a lapis lazuli bracelet on her wrist.

"But if you both do me a little favour, I may give you the answers that you're looking for," she said with a smirk.

After spending so much time with Elena recently, Charlie thought it was strange seeing Katherine again. They looked so alike on the outside it was eerie but Katherine's dark attitude made her and Elena seem like totally different people. However, apart from Katherine's smug expression and oozing self-confidence it would be impossible for a stranger to tell them apart.

Charlie was instantly in front of Katherine and she pinned her against the door. Well, at least Charlie still had her vampire speed and strength.

"Do you know what's happening to me?" Charlie demanded. Charlie being already small, barefoot, she was tiny next to Katherine.

"I might do, for a price," Katherine laughed. She pushed easily past Charlie and into the room, her heels echoing on the wooden floor. "You see, I spent a lot of years with Brice, both Klaus and Elijah told him things and then Brice, with some persuasion told me." As she spoke she wandered around the room idly picking up objects. "You see, it's amazing what information you can get out of a man when you sleep with him," she laughed to herself and shot Damon a smug look.

"Do you seriously not have any self-respect at all?" Charlie said disgusted.

"Oh God, don't act all high and mighty, Charlotte; we all know that neither you nor Damon are saints," Katherine scoffed, sitting on the edge of the bed and crossed one leg over the other. "So, do you want to know what my price is?"

Damon was swiftly in front of Katherine. "Why are you here, Katherine? When we killed Elijah you got out of the tomb, why come back?" he said, glaring at her.

"Because like all of you I want Klaus dead too and I just happen to know more about the originals and the curse... and Charlotte too for that matter. I can also make a convincing Elena, if needs be. So, like I said you help me, I help you," she smirked.

Damon suddenly grabbed Katherine from the chair, pulled her onto her feet and slammed her against the wall. "Why should I help you? You were working with John, you betrayed me once already. You knew if I used that dagger on Elijah I would die but that didn't matter to you. If Klaus does come to Mystic Falls I will happily let him torture you."

Katherine easily pushed him away and straightened her outfit, the smug expression never leaving her face. "What can I say; I wanted my freedom, Damon, didn't matter who paid the price."

Charlie was instantly beside them. "Katherine, you're an even bigger bitch than I thought you were. Would you seriously be okay with Damon dying for you?" Charlie said the anger apparent in her voice. "I think I'll take my chances with Elijah." She started to cross the room.