No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 24

So sorry for the wait, life just kept giving me one thing after the other but I hope this long chapter makes up for it :D and I'll try my best to update as soon as I can.

Last Chapter Charlie found out Damon had cheated on her with Andie. Will she forgive him? And what will happen with the lead up to the sacrifice?

Hope you like it :D

She was about to leave when, Andie spoke. "I didn't want to hurt you, Charlie, but I really do care for Damon."

Suddenly, Charlie grabbed Andie from behind and sank her fangs into her neck. Andie let out a scream, making Charlie realise what she was doing. Ashamed of herself, Charlie threw Andie on the floor and ran out of the house, without turning back…

Chapter 24

Once outside Charlie got into her Jeep and sped away from the Boarding House. She had no idea where she was going but all she knew was she had to be away from Damon Salvatore. She was afraid of what she might do to him... or worse... what she'd do to slutty Andie.

After driving for several minutes, she pulled up at the side of the road and cut the engine. There was nothing but dark woods surrounding her. She wasn't exactly sure where she was but she knew she was alone.

She laid her head back against the seat and started sobbing. The tears fell heavily down her cheeks and her chest moved in and out with each sob.

Yet, the stupid thing was, she only wanted one person right now. The one person who could ever make her feel better. But now, he was the person she was mad at... Damon.

She put her forehead down onto the cold steering wheel and allowed a few more tears to fall from her eyes.

How could she have been so naive? Why did she let herself believe that Damon Salvatore could stay true to her? And worse, why did she let herself lose control and attack Andie? She hadn't drank fresh human blood for almost 150 years. She wasn't perfect, she'd drank blood bags but never in all that time had she fed directly from a human. Yet, a part of her had enjoyed the feel of Andie's warm blood as it had filled her own body...

Mad at both herself and Damon, she fisted the dashboard. Her hand left a dent in the surface.

She lifted her head from the steering wheel and looked out into the darkness that surrounded her car.

Sitting here in the middle of nowhere wasn't going to help her. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Then she started the engine and drove back to town.

Charlie walked into The Grill and headed straight to the bar. She knew drinking alcohol wasn't the answer and it wasn't going to erase what Damon had done but she hoped getting drunk would help her forget about him for a little while.

"Can I help you?" the bartender asked with a smile.

"Double whisky," Charlie replied with no emotion.

The man gave her a cocky smile. "Seriously? No way are you twenty one. I think I'm gonna need some I.D."

Charlie smirked and leaned closer to the bartender. She looked directly at him. "No you don't. You're gonna pour me a whisky and as soon as I've finished that one you're gonna pour me another," she compelled.

The man nodded dumbly and poured the drink without another word. Charlie grabbed the glass and gulped it down in one mouthful. As compelled to he instantly poured her another.

"Charlie?" a soft female voice said.

She turned to find Elena and Stefan standing behind her. Charlie glared at them briefly before turning back to the bar.