Meeting Benedict

I always Knew - The Vaccines

Pressure - The 1975

_________

Today is a big day at Manchester University. Benedict Cumberbatch is coming to speak to the whole school. I mean after all this is his alma mater. I wam wearing my grateful dead shirt And my free people jeans. We all gather together close in the auditorium. 10 minutes untill he speaks. I am so pumped I can feel my hands shaking. I just want a picture with him! Before we continue my name is Olive.

I'm from America. I'm 20 and currently in Med. school. I have long blonde hair and deep blue eyes. I am pretty toned because when I was 14 I struggled with weight so since then I've been working out constantly.

Benedict steps up to the podium wearing a suit and tie. He introduces himself and begins off with his speech. One hour later we are lining up to meet him and I drag my roommate, Clare, with me to almost the front of the line. My friend Clare doesn't care for Benedict, but after all she is my roomate amd puts up with all my talking about him, she might as well meet him. I am next. I don't know what to do! I think to myself, Breathe

Benedict sees me and his pupils dilate. He leans forward and whispers in my ear "Meet me outside in about 20 minutes for a smoke."

I don't smoke but that seductive voice was just to much. I turn to lock eyes with him, "Okay I will." I whisper back

My heart is beating like a hummingbirds. Did Benedict Cumberbatch just hit on me? I have know idea what to do. My friend and I sit outside and chat until the 20 minutes was up and I hate lying to my friends, especially ones that live with me but I have too.

"Hey, Clare, you can head back up to the dorm. I left my purse inside." I say with a silver tongue. I make sure that Clare is out of proximity before sneaking over to the back exit door

"I never caught your name." Benedict's velvet voice surprises me, causing me to jump and spin around in his direction

"Olive,Olive Bridges." I reply softly

Benedict lit up a cigarette and put it in his beautiful full pink plump lips and replies, "Beautiful name."

I just have to break the awkwardness. I was hoestly speechless as the British actor let a puff of smoke pass his lips. I decided to take advice from Phebe from Friends,

"Well if you think that's beautiful you should see my number." FUCK, I just ruined every chance with him. I scream at myself mentally.

Benedict gives a gentle laugh, "I would love that!" he slips out his phone and opens his contacts and gives the iPhone to me. I punch in my number and name, trying to be calm as possible (it fails as my hands shake)

Whoa what? I is-this real life?- He really actually wants my number. I bring out my phone and give it to him, "I'm going to need your number as well." Benedict smiles and puts his phones number in my phone. Holy Shit. This is real life.

He looks down at his phone as I speak out my number. His phone buzzes and he opens the text.

"I have to go Olive, but I will be seeing you soon. I promise. I will text you tonight." He says apologetically

"Bye." I exclaim as I wave goodbye.

As he slips away from me he glances back at me with a hopeful look in his eyes. He smiles and swiftly walks into the sleek limo that just pulled up.

I walk back to my dorm basically jumping everywhere. I text my best friend Bella, she is my best friend in America she is currently attending Lipscomb University in Nashville so she is gonna come visit in 2 weeks!