The Incident

Waking up on Saturday morning was a pain in the ass. Literally. It was. My entire body ached. Today was going to be a stressful day. I had home assignments to do, projects to complete and a lot of studying for my up comming exams. I was under so much stress. My head felt like it was going to explode.

I mentioned to my mother that I needed help, but apparently I wasn't of that much importance to her at the moment. She only nodded without even saying a word. I still mentioned it to her that day.

"Mom, I need materials to complete my school project."

"I wish I could help you darling, but I gave Samuel all the money to get some things for the house and to run some errands. I have none."

"Mother what do we need? The fridge is filled with junk that we don't need. All the cupboards are filled also. We need nothing else."

"Samuel said that he had some errands to run that needed a vast amount of money, so I offered to help."

"Did he mention what errands?"

"Of course not."

"Mother are you blind? Can't you see he's using you?"

She didnt answer.

I walked away. Another argument with my mother and I would shatter. I went up to my room and locked the door behind me. I had so much to do. I couldn't let this bother me.

I decided to do my home assignments first. It was less time consuming than the projects and the studying was another story. I started a few of them, but I was out of materials, so I never got to finish them.

I studied my brains out. My eyes were hurting and my head ached very badly. I had a migraine. The worst kind, but I didn't let that stop me from learning my entire physics and geometry text books.

I wanted to call Erick, but I felt extremely weak. The distance to my phone was too much, and to reach it, I would have to hold on to anything possible. I left it alone. Maybe tomorrow.

I fell asleep.

Something woke me up. I checked my clock. It was 7:00pm. I tried getting up and luckily had no problems this time. I went downstairs to get a bottle of water before going back to bed. I didn't do much these days. I was never in the mood to.

Samuel sat on the couch.

"Hey girly. What's up?" He asked, waving in my direction.

"Nothing." I answered, not willing to lengthen this conversation anymore.

"Come sit with me. You're mom's out."

"Why aren't you with her then?"

"Err...Just thought I'd stay home and check up on you."

"Cool. I'm fine."

He walked up to me. His hand gestures were really weird, considering he was my mothers boyfriend.

"You're really pretty." He grinned.

"Thanks." I said, backing away.

"You're welcome." He was walking towards me.

"Get away from me." He was in my face now. I had nowhere to run.

"Why don't we have some fun?" His sly smile making me very uncomfortable.

"No!" He fought with me. I was crying and screaming and struggling. "Stop!" I cried. My heart was racing. He threw me against the kitchen counter and I fell to the floor, twisting because of how much pain I was in at the moment. My back was injured.