Chapter 2

Gemma. After many hours with boring talk with the press and doctors I finally am aloud to go back to my room. I am sitting down on my bed. Everything seems so impossible. It feels like I am one in the crowd looking up at myself. I cannot believe that something fantastic like this could actually happen to me. I want to cry out and forget all the times I was thinking about death and the black night I was living in. I felt like a walking dead.

All the pain and loneliness had slung around me like a thick blanket. Given my difficulty breathing. Looking to the future. I would remember several times I just wanted to yell in anger and then run away from everything and everyone. I would run out in a forest or on a large meadow. Let the wind play with my hair and wipe away the quiet solitude tears. I would run to the edge of a cliff. Add me to the ground and watch the downhill.

Such thoughts made me often a bit easier for sins, but now I don't need them anymore. I can see! I love to say it. I CAN SEE! I say a little high for me. Suddenly I thought of something, I have not seen myself in the mirror in about twelve months. I run over to the little hospital mirror. One of the first thing I notice is how thin I have become. Before I had a little extra weight, not that I was overweight, but not such that I hugged and praised myself for my fabulous body. Now I had a narrow waist, maybe a little too narrow? Very bony and angular.

When I lost my sight and not long after my friends, I was very depressed, it made me and lose appetite. I ate, but not much.

Something else I notice is my eyes, before they were a sort of greenish-yellow color, but now they are chestnut brown. I bend closer, more focused. In a pinch I have left my eyes. I groan. The pain which is conceived in my head is unbearable. I bend down gently and wash my face in cold water. I fumble for my towel. I bury my face in the soft fabric. I know the towel absorb the water from my face. I am calmer pace with the pain that stumped by. I'll leave the towel fall to the ground. I look a little foggy in the mirror.

A boy face is looking at me. From behind my shoulder. First start my chin and shake. A scream builds up from the stomach.

"Gemma?" He says as a question, but the last part of my name being overshadowed by a scream. My scream. The boy looks at me confused. I continue to scream, squeezing my eyes again. My feet turned toward where the boy is. I open my eyes. Nothing. I look desperately back in the mirror. What the hell is going on? I turn myself frustrated around. It must be my eyes playing a trick on me.

I comb frustrated fingers through my hair. My hair has actually been pretty laid; I got more curls as well. At a small charge I threw all the hair behind my back. I make a limp braid dangling down awkwardly on my left side. I lay down on the bed exhausted and not until I closed my eyes I go off.

Jack. I see the girl inside the window. She looks tired. I get closer to the window.

It’s cold out here. Norway has a bitter winter. I like that. I usually spend all my time in Norse. Especially Sweden, Norway, Finland and North Russia. I like the winter here. They are different from each place, but cold and calmly. Haha, it might not be a big surprise that I like winter. Jack Frost. I am the one who’s making all the snowstorms and slippery roads.

In my early days as a guardian of the winter I was creative and made more chaos then now, but after some thousands of years the funniest thing gets boring. It all has become a procedure. Always the same things. But this girl was a fresh winter breath in my world. She was something I didn’t see coming.

I slip through the window.

I just could speak a few minutes with her that would last for me. I put my hands on my waist, just watching her .She looks at herself in a thing that looks like water. She looks back at her own face in it. She is skinny, but pretty. A round and happy face, or that was happy before. Her hair is long and curled. It’s a bit messy, but I like that. Suddenly she screams. I forgot she could see me. I disappear.

After a few minutes I am back, but then she is asleep. A braid is lying on her breast.  The braid looks good on her. I get closer. Only a few thumbs away from her face. She as dark long lashes. A little nose, that’s bent a little upwards. Her skin is clean a light. For one second I think she will wake up, I drag myself to the other side of the room, but she only changes position. I go back to sit down right in front of her face.

She is sweating and making scary faces with her own face. I let my head fall into the same position as her. A single tear slips out of her left eye. In trance I take it slowly away. She grabs my arm, in sleep. A little cry escapes from my mouth, but she doesn’t do anything.  My heart rises. She is strong.

After a while I start to relax again. She is nearly hugging my arm. She seems calmer now. I smile. She looks actually pretty cute in sleep, and trust me I have seen many sleepyheads. I carefully take a bunch of her hair out of her face.  She shakes her head a bit and falls back in to her deep sleep. I let my hand be a bit on her head before I stroke her lightly on the back.

Why are you doing this? A siren reverberates through my head. I don’t know, but maybe because no one has ever notice me. Deep inside I am still a eighteen year old by. I am boyish and I miss my old friends and life. I have met many weird humans after becoming a guardian, but they never met me. I have spoken to only maybe four persons in 3000 years. It makes me seek. I need human contact too, but maybe have forgotten how to be in front of others.  

Then I realize something. I push myself way from Gemma in disgust. What the hell am I doing? Just cuddling with a girl who doesn’t know me and is a sleep!? I have never felt so low in my life. In anger I sit down on a stool right in front of her. I will sit her till she wakes up. Then I will say; hi.

*Hope some of you read this! Vote comvo or anythig give me a lifesign! I will update last part of chapter 2 tomorrow.