Broken James

James MacGiven POV

I watched at the clock, it's already 5.30pm. I clear my office and grab my bag. I walked out from my office. Today lunch was great with Diane. I grab my car key and drive away to my house.

When I was about to enter the house belong to my dad, I heard a familiar voice laughing with my mom and my dad. I walk faster because Im excited to know who it was. When I saw her, I cant breathe for a second. She is beautiful with that blue dress with a simple makeup. I look at her up and down like I never saw her before.

"Hello there, son. Have a seat. I'm sorry because I didn't tell you that we will have a visitor today. I've asked Miss Harlett to join us for our
Dinner." My dad let out his fatherly laugh. After a minute, my phone rang. I picked it up and excuses myself to answer the phone. "Hi, honey" "Don't call me honey! Where are you?" She said in her angry tone. It's Lisa, my girlfriend. "Dear, Im sorry, I said I cant meet you today. I have a dinner with my family. Please baby, understand me" "Fuck James! Family is what you care about! Have you ever thought about me?" I was speechless by her words. I've always gave her what she want, but when I give her, she keep on asking for more. "Now listen! This is why you never get along with our relationship, I try the hardest to keep this relationship, but you never care. I had enough! It's over!" I shout at her in the phone. "Baby.. I..I.." I turn off my phone without hearing her explaination. I walked outside the house and look at the stars. They are shining so bright.

"Hey, what's up?" I heard her calm voice asking me. "Nothing, you know some frustrating relationship." I said to her while trying my best not to look at her. "Hey, James. You know why I broke up with my ex-boyfriends?" "Why" I looked at her. I can see the hurt and bruises she had on her eyes. She smiled and said "They keep on asking for more. They want me to change myself. They never loved me for who I am. When I choose to walk away from the relationship, I know that I will broke so much. But, if I didnt let go, it will be much worst. Just believe in time. It will cure everything." I look at her. She is beautiful and a strong woman. I come closer to her and gave her a hug. I dont know why this girl keep me calm and safe. I whispered to her "Thanks"