16. Tolerant

"She's eighteen."

I rolled my eyes. No wonder.

Since the elevator incident with Siva, I hadn't seen him. We avoided each other and stayed away when it was the other's day to work.

Meanwhile I worked hard on promo. I sang 'Felt' and 'Line' more than I sang 'Line' and 'Light Up.' The fans cried when I sang 'Felt.' At first, I had thought it was because it was so bad and sad, but it was because I reminded them of their exes and their sad ends.

"Tonight we have the first live show. Tiffany and Max will MCee, Parvati will do it with Liam next week. Chloe will do hers on the third week with Perrie. So excited! Next will be Jade and Nathan, then Zayn and Siva and on the last week, you and Marcus."

"Do you mean to say that the show goes for six weeks?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay. According to my schedule, I am supposed to be on tour after a month. Unless we do two shows per week. Maybe put some people on probation every week? Get rid of two to three people every week..." I said all this while thinking of how nice it would be to get rid of Leticia very early.

I was being mean but... she was worse! I felt sorry for ever feeling sorry for her.

I don't know what that means.

We both don't.

"Chill, she won't do anything stupid. Hopefully."

I shook my head at Jesy. This week was hard with the competitors. Others were too busy running around avoiding practice sessions in favour of sightseeing.

Leticia had Zayn as her mentor, Siva was assigned to a guy called Francis from Portugal. He had problems with conveying his message as the guy was not too fluent in English.

"Siva was assigned to Francis as a punishment?" Perrie questioned.

"Something like that."

"Jesy you're so mean," I laughed.

"I can't let no mister mess with my sister."

We spent time briefing each other on various issues. Then we had Nina and Sinclair shown in and we watched them both do a jam session. We danced with them too before we remembered to stay fresh for the performances and cameras. The entire jam session was live on YouTube. We were streaming it on the LMFCC website too.

"Whoa! That went pretty well," I said while smiling. I had just had a brainwave idea for a new song and I found myself writing the lyrics In my head in my phone.

I got all I need
when I got you and I.
I look around me and see a sweet life.
I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight.
Getting me, getting me through the night.

I smiled at the lyrics and felt happy before remembering I had been working on a song called 'Summer Love.'

I liked how it went. I was coming clean about my habit of scribbling details in my diary while remembering how it felt being with the Nick Jonas in that one week. I grinned as I added a few lines and hummed below my breath at a tune I had played on my guitar the previous night.

"There you are!" A girl called Mitchie said as she spotted me typing. I stopped, saved and closed the page.

"Hey Mitchie. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing okay. I just need some help with my song. You remember it, right?"

"Teenage Dream?" I said while smiling. She nodded. I asked her to sing it to me and I listened as I recorded it on my phone. Once she had finished, I played it back for her, and we identified the problem. We worked on it and she left smiling. Next came Charlie, a cute guy of about twenty two. He was doing 'Just In Love' by Joe Jonas and I listened to him. He was pretty good and I saw his arrangement as pretty good and moving.

"Hey there Big Sis. Got a minute?" I turned to see my sister standing with her 'boyfriend' Siva. He wasn't even looking at me. He had his eyes elsewhere.

"Yes, little half sister. What can I do for you on this once very uneventful now eventful moment?" I said and sighed.

"Just saying hello. Seeing as how we are familiar and stuff."

"Go practice Leticia. People here are freaking talented."

"I'm better than all of them together."

"That kind of mentality will not help you at all."

"Whatevs half sister. I have your ex boyfriend. I'm gonna take everything of yours and leave you with NOTHING to your name."

"Well, the only thing you NEED to do right now is walk your little klepto ass backstage and do your warmup. While at it, take your shadow with you. He's dead to me, so keep him." I looked up at him as I said this. He looked sad and angry at the same time. "What are you still waiting for? Go away!"

They left, finally, and I was left to myself. A few other competitors came and said hello. Then the show started with me singing 'Light Up.'

Then Marcus stepped on stage to sing 'Dreaded' and he had asked me to sing the female vocals as Sabrina Carpenter was missing.

Chloe sang 'Sunny Skies/Daffodils' with a very talented Liam Payne. I grinned at the catchy tune and we all danced just as crazily as we had during the previous day's rehearsal.

The competitors then came forward, one by one. Some people blew us away, others were just eh. Others were downright awful.

Then my half sister stepped on stage. Everyone went quiet and mostly looked at me. Then she sang 'Darkside' by Kelly Clarkson. How fitting. She sounded even better than Kelly and I was happy that she did justice to the song.

The competitors then sang 'We Own The Night' by The Wanted and had the guys clapping. It was a total winner. Some of the bad performers actually shone through in this section.

Then came Tiffany and Parvati singing 'Bred' and we were a little worried about it because it had a dark side and it mostly left me feeling afraid. However, they managed to sing it and we were left thirsting for more.

Then came Cher and Little Mix singing 'Heartbreak Hotel' and it was splendid. After that, Chloe, Marcus, Tiffany, Parvati, the girls and I got on stage and sang 'Stronger' by Kelly Clarkson.

Once done, we sat down and let the judges start the drill. Simon was very cut throat and three people got eliminated. There were only eight left and they were asked to be serious. The third person had been defiant and missed three days' worth of practice.

"Just because you got eliminated, does not mean that you aren't talented. Don't give up on your dreams. Go ahead and pursue. For LMFCC though, it's the end."

They cried and it was up to me and the girls to hug them. It was sad to say goodbye to them. I had started getting used to them.

Before parting, Nina stepped on stage and sang 'Dilemma' by Nelly and Kelly Rowland. Everyone got down and I found myself dancing into Perrie. She did a little white girl dance while I did some funky moves she copied. Soon all of us in the room were dancing that way.

Then, to end the show, they played one of my Kenyan classics. 'Mimi na Wewe' by Nameless and Amani. We danced like crazy, and I went on to drag Simon on stage.

*&*&*&*&

Siva and Leticia were waiting outside for me when i walked out after the production meeting. I rolled my eyes at her approach from behind my dark glasses.

"Come to boast?" I asked. I saw them exchange looks before she looked back at me. She shook her head at me. "Are you dumb?" I asked, feeling inclined to make her stew just a little bit. Siva raised an eyebrow at me and I raised one at him too.

"Seen me yet?" He retorted.

"You're still dead to me."

"Go over there. I don't wanna look at you," I said as I sighed. "You'll take away my good mood." I then turned to Leticia. "I'll tolerate you if you make an effort to be nice. To everyone. This right here can be a stepping stone to one of the best musical careers in the world! So don't screw it up. You're my sister, Raffa's daughter. The blood in my veins is yours too. We are both talented. Use your talent instead of your physical attributes. Now, I have to go. See you tomorrow at half past nine in the morning."

That said, I walked off, hoping that the next day would bring nothing but joy to us both.