*chapter 13*

"Sorry mom I won't be able to make it home early today , I will have dinner at the company love you ." I sent  the message only to find the reply a couple of minutes later. "That means you will not be able to see your sister." I gave it a thought for seconds and then wrote.  " I know but I have nothing to do about it we have a very important meeting and I couldn't skip it tell miley I want to see her , we will manage to meet later" I deliberately mentioned that I want to meet miley to show mom that I had the intention to meet her . "Ok honey good luck" yessss I knew that this technique would turn out great with mom. "Did he sleep" came linda from behind me as I was rocking corbin . " he is about to sleep" I answered in a whisper creating for him the calm atmosphere to sleep quickly. "Ok everything is ready and  sam is about to come put him in the crib and come downstairs." She whispered back . I rocked him  watching his eyelids slowly closing  . I wonder how a baby grows that much in only a month. I kissed him, slowly placed him in the crib, and closed the light . When I went downstairs I looked for linda but she was not there. Then I heard the door bell , when  I opened the door I was amazed to see Samantha totally different . She was not the lady I saw this morning she  . She was wearing a short purple dress with long laced sleeves , smokey eyeshadow, loose curly hair, and a  bright makeup that gave her perfectly tanned face a natural glow . She was holding a huge trolly bag which contradicted her over all look . " hey  "  she said as I opened the door.  "you look amazing" I said gaping.  "Thank you" she said with a smile tucking a curl of her hair behind her ears.   "Nice dress" said linda. I turned my head to see her wearing another fantastic white dress with perfect make up that made her look like an angel . I was super embarrassed to be in a regular shirt and jeans . "Over hear" said linda leading us to the backyard . It is obvious that linda did a lot of work on today's dinner she had lanterns that emitted a poor light creating a romantic atmosphere . In the center of the backyard was a  round table with candels and dinner ready on it . "Have a seat please" linda added as she grabed her chair. "It's been too long since I had dinner with friends" said linda breaking a long silence .I replied with a simple smile.  " riley why don't you speak much? I feel that there are lots of stuff that I don't know about you " she said. "It's just that I dont have much to tell " I replied briefly. " speak to me about your family" she said. " we are a family of four , I have an identical twin sister ..." I  said. "Great I am interested in twins stuff tell me what do you do with each other . Do you think and feel the same way, do you have these type of connection? " she  interrupted In an exciting tone .  "Actually no it was not that type of relation , since birth she has been always dominant . In her presence I was never recognized , I know that she have a lot of special talents which I lack. " I replied honestly as if I was talking to my self. I don't know why I feel  relaxed when talking to linda as if she had some kind of magic that forces me to be honest  . "That's not right at all , in that short period, I discovered lots of talents in you that you are not aware of . You can easily calm a baby down , a thing that me as a mother failed to achieve ,you are a pure hearted person who's caring and generous too , plus you saved my life and I don't know where I would've been without you " she said as I can observe tears forming in her eyes . "It's time for me to ask now right?" I asked . "Sure" she said with a smile drying the tears that were still forming in her eyes . " what is wrong with you? I mean what kind of illness do you have ?" I asked . Tears formed quickly in her eyes  again as she answered. " I've been feeling strange symptoms before having corbin , but I thought that this is pretty normal to any expecting mother .But since I had him the symptoms became worse . And I didn't know that I have a brain tumor until what happened last month." She said as tears rushed down from her eyes ruining her eyeliner making a black stream across her face. "Oh my god" said Samantha putting her hand over her mouth shocked of what she had just heard .  I automatically stood up and gave her a big hug to prevent her from seeing me cry. "And what did the doctor say ?". Asked Samantha.  "He said that I am going to perform a surgery next week . That's why I gathered both of you . If I didn't have the chance to live after the surgery ." She made a long pause . "Just take good care of corbin" . She said with a barely heared voice. "I know he loves you riley please... please don't leave him alone " she said running towards the house as Samantha followed her , leaving me in shock thinking about the great responsibility that just fell on my shoulders .