Lydia

It was the day before my tenth birthday, my mom was rushing around the house getting ready for reading to the kids at the hospital and my dad was packing my lunch.

   I ran into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, then ran into the kitchen grabbing my lunch off the table.

"I love you, Lydia! Have a good day!" My parents yelled in unison as I ran out the door barely catching the bus and taking my usual seat next to Tiffany, my best friend.

"Hey," I said

"Sup" she replied

"You're coming to my party tomorrow, right?"

"Absolutely, who's going to be there?"

"You, Addie, Sarah, and me."

"Yay!"

    Tiffany and I walked into our classroom and took our seats as everyone us screamed and ran around th room throwing wads of paper at eachother. I sat there hoping nobody would see me.

"Everybody take your seats," Mrs. Coke said firmly. All my classmates ran quietly to their seats and we began our day like usual. We read a small book, went to art, played on the playground, had lunch, did math, and went home.

     When I got home my parents had dinner ready and we ate then watched a movie like we always do on Thursdays.

   As my parents tucked me into bed after the movie they both kissed my four head and told me they loved me as I drifted off to sleep.

   When I woke up the house was eerily quiet. I wondered all over but couldn't find my parents. The kitchen was decorated with a cake in the center of the table and the living room was full of balloons for my birthday.

    I heard someone walk in the front door, my mother. I ran up to her but she didn't acknowledge me. "Mom what's wrong?" I asked but she still didn't seem to notice me.

   I turned around and saw a long golden staircase,'yep I'm dead. I'm going to heaven in the most cliché way possible.' I walked up the stairs and when I got to the top I saw a huge building that read "dining hall". A beautiful young lady noticed me and started walking toward me. She had elegant brown curls and flower crown on her head. She had stormy grey eyes and wore a blue shirt dress and black sandles.

"Hello, I'm Scottie. Welcome to Olympus"