Checkpoint : 3

"How come we've been stopping so much?"

The three were walking along the sidewalks as quietly as they could with hushed voices. Emma was leading them to the other side of the city where hopefully there was another working mode of transportation. It was a long shot and definitely too much to ask for at this rate, but the trio had high hopes regardless of the odds.

"Energy. Why wait until you are tired to stop when you can keep full energy the whole time?"

Maddox nodded but didn't seem to think the idea was practical so she looked to Dean for support, but he was too busy looking from window to window in fear. His skin was crawling at the thought of one of the creatures inside seeing them and leaping out to kill them. It took every last ounce of energy to walk and not scream all at the same time, but he pushed to do it.

Emma was the only one who seemed to have an inch of confidence, not visibly showing the fear she kept inside, and soon she fell beside Maddox and grabbed her hand gently when she saw the end of the street up ahead, pulling her forward as they gained speed. Dean whimpered as he followed.

From the buildings came a low whistle and the ground next to the travelers flew up into the air with a bang. Everything went white and high pitch whining filled their eardrums making them grab their heads in pain. Gravel rained down on them and through the dust and noise, the presence of Trogs was becoming known.

"RUN!" They spread out for the end of the road as fast as they can, trying not to trip over themselves as they got closer and closer. The Trogs were so close their breath could be felt on each neck and made every single hair stand on end.

They all finally made it to the end of the road and they jumped into the open, sprawling over the dirt and scrabbling to regain their balance enough to keep going. The creatures had stopped following and stood at the end of the road.

"Look!" Dean had turned and pointed to them. "They won't step out of the city." he said softly and the other two turned and returned to see. They watched with confused faces.

"They can't leave. What do we do now?"

Maddox wrapped her arms around the two.

"We go on."What do we do now?"

Maddox put her arms over their shoulders.

"We go on." 

(An obvious WIP that I will be changing and adding to from my mobile device because it's easier, faster, and my laptop is fucking shit, haha.)