Chapter 2

The funny thing about my roommate and best friend Lily Monroe was that she was like marmite, you'd either love her to death or hate her guts. Luckily I was a part of the group of poeple who loved her we met trough my friend Sam they're cousins all though sadly Sam and I started drifting away from each other after she became such a huge ass kissing bitch bummer when her boring ass boyfriend possessed her soul, anyway Lily was honestly my best friend. We had only known each other for about two years but we already had so many awesome memories together like when we got drunk at the movies got kicked out from the theatre because Lily flashed the entire audience, when we cut of her long ponytail of hair while litsening to the 25th symphony by motzart, or when we after two weeks of knowing each other decided to take a roadtrip to vegas but endes up in some racist hillbilly town somewhere in the fine state of Nevada. We definitely brought the crazy out of each other and that was one of the many things I loved about our relationship.
-waffle?
She asks as she takes the paket of frozen waffles out of the freezer
-naah Im good
I say
-well good cause this one was the last one
She says and puts it in the toaster. I open the kitchen window and fish a pack of marlboro mentols out of my jacket pocket and carefully light a cigarette. I had taken up the habit after the breakup with Tom, when we were dating he was always very much against smoking and offcourse I would sneak the oucasional cigarette at a party or when with my girls but now it had become a problem for me since I moved in with smokey joe also known as Lily. She sat down next to me on a chair by the window pane and lit one herself.
-so why were you so psycho crazy yesterday at Marianas?
She asks and takes a long drag from the cigarette
- I dont know I was feeling really wierd really paranoid
I say as I blow out a clowd of smoke trough the window
-it's called being stoned dumbass
She says grinning at me.
- no but not like that I just felt really wierd and alone but still I didn't want to be with anyone
I say thinking back at the wierd mood I was in last night.
- Tom dropped by while you were work
She says, with disapproval. You see my particular group of friends were not like other friends most friends would dislike a guy who was a total douche to me but my friends actually disliked Tom simply for being too nice, too vanilla for me which I guess actually was true
- really?
I say as I flick the cigarette but out the window.
- He said he picked you up last night and wanted to see how you were.
She says sternly
-Sage you know that you you're leading him on right?
She adds as she places the waffle on a plate.
-Yesterday was a mistake, and it's fine he won't expect anything
I say looking down at my hands
- he wouldnt have come all this way to see if you were okay if all he knew you were going to be getting is an huge hangover.
I usually would try to argue against her but in this situation I know she's right. Which I hate.
-Plans for the evening?
I ask her wanting desperately to change the subject
- we are going to that party at overlook tonight, remember
She says
-we?
I ask hoping that with my monster hangover I was not included in that particular "we"
- We as in all of us you, me ,Mariana, Beth even Sam and Allison are comming
She says with a mouthful of waffle.
- Sam and Allison? The stiffs?
I ask her.
- yes fine they can be kind of stiff but once they loosen up they can be great fun c'mon!
She says enthusiastically
- fine, but only if I can borrow the red low cut dress!
I say stubbornly like a child who won't eat their vegetables unless he can't have ice cream too.
-fine!
She sighs, rolling her eyes at me.