Citrus

I hated acting fake it was not the real me. But, it was what everybody around me expected of me. Everybody, such as my parents, my friends and even my boyfriend. I hated acting fake...But I couldn't stop...

Citrus POV:
I woke up and and slipped a smile on my face. "You must always smile Citrus, a smile a day keeps those pesky wrinkles at bay!"   My Mother's voice rang in my head as I got out of bed and slipped on my bunny slippers. I padded softly to my outfit of the week calendar. And checked my outfit for today, since today is  Tuesday, it was Citrus Tuesday! I couldn't help but squeal with glee as I rushed over to my walk in closet.

I grabbed my Citrus Tuesday outfit from the rack and slipped on my light yellow skirt, with my button up orange blouse that had a white collar. I then slipped on some black tights with some light green pumps that matched perfectly with my soft green eyes.

I headed to my bathroom which looked identically like the master bathroom with it's stainless shower, biggest relaxing tub and huge porcelain sinks. I combed and brushed my strawberry colored locks and a few bobby pins with some cans of Oil Sheen later it was in a pristine bun. I added some pink blush to bring out my cream colored skin, pink blossom lip gloss, mascara and a little bit of white eye shadow.

After I was satisfied with my appearance I headed to my jewelry box and found some hang down orange earrings and put them on, along with my lime ring, lemon necklace and my signature charm bracelet. Then there was a soft knock on my door, "It's open," I called sweetly as I admired myself in the mirror. The door opened and a Miss. Patricia appeared , she was our house helper, cooker, and my bestest friend.

She was the person that raised me sense I was a baby just when my Mother and my Father's careers were taking of, I even considered her my mom sense she has been their for me, when my Mother couldn't. "I made your favorite to start off your first day as a senior!" She squeaked happily. I turned towards her " Miss. Patricia you didn't have too I mean it seems like Father is working you to death!" I cried and she giggled. "I wanted you to start senior year with your favorite breakfast after all I know you better then anybody, now go downstairs and eat your crepes before they get cold!" She said and then ushered me downstairs.

As I walked downstairs I was greeted with the whole staff and behind lay a table with a great feast! My mouth dropped in shock " You... You guys didn't have to do this for...for me." I stammered as I tried to hold back tears of joy. " We wanted you to feel special on this day." Said my butler Baltimore who also helped raise me. "And besides soon you'll be going off to college and-"Miss Patricia couldn't even finish her sentence because she choked on her tears. I went up to her an gave her a hug and soon all the staff joined us into one big hug pile. "Now eat your crepes before they get cold," Miss Patricia said giving a whole heartily laugh.

After breakfast-

"Thank you all for the breakfast but I should be heading to school before Mother and Father-" before I could finish my sentence my Mother appeared on the steps wearing one of her classic business suits with the perfect makeup. She has my light green eyes but not my strawberry blond hair I got that from my Father. She had short blond hair that came to her shoulders, she was wearing a dark blue suit with some black heels that brought out her creamy skin. She had on some vibrant red lipstick with mascara, black eyeliner and some white eye shadow.

She was a very famous movie producer that only produced the top wanting movies. "Citrus you better stop messing around a get to the limo, after all being tardy could ruin our reputation," she said not even glancing up from her expensive phone. I rolled my eyes and planted a kiss on Miss. Patricia's cheek, she smiled and I was just walking out the door when I could here moms heels clicking on the ground towards me (bad sign) I thought. "Citrus Erika Henderson did you even puff your nose this morning?" She asked while tapping her heel annoyed. I turned around and smiled, " Is it really that serious Mother, I mean i'm sure no one will notice," I said softly as I turned to leave, but her sharp voice rang through my ears again as I turned to face her cold, green eyes.  " I really am getting tired of you back talking me Citrus, it isn't lady-like, neither is it amusing. I can't afford you to mess up things for me like you always do this year, I am producing huge movies and I can't afford you to ruin my reputation. Are we clear Citrus?" she asked as I swallowed thickly. I could see the staff of servants, cookers and cleaners watching with pity in their eyes as I met her eyes once more.

I pushed the hurtful things she said aside, it wouldn't do me good if I retaliated," Yes Mother, I won't do anything to mess up this year." I responded with little emotion as I opened the door and headed to the limo, not wanting to hear another word from my Mother, I walked as fast as my heels would allow me to. My driver Claudius gave me a smile as he opened the limo's door and I slipped inside, not returning it. He closed the door and slid into the driver's seat. "Rough morning with your Mrs. Henderson again," he asked as he looked through the rear view mirror meeting my eyes, but I knew what he was really trying to ask. Am I okay? I fell back against the seat "Yeah, but you know how Mother is sometimes," I responded softly and I turned my view to the window as the limo started moving. "Well did she tell you about your new school?" he asked, and suddenly his words caught my undivided attention.

"What new school are you talking about Claudius?" I asked as a sickening feeling arose in my stomach. "I though she would've told you Ms. Henderson." He said with a voice of confusion."You must always smile Citrus, a smile a day keeps those pesky wrinkles at bay!" That's right Citrus, just smile. It's not like things will change at this school. Oh, how wrong was I.

I'm back everybody!! I know it's been awhile, but this book is coming back, I am going to edit, and add to my chapters

I'm back everybody!! I know it's been awhile, but this book is coming back, I am going to edit, and add to my chapters. So please be patient and as always...

☛ Vote

☞ Comment

☛ Follow