Chapter 3- My Monsters and I

Small smirks filled the hall as Patrick Ogden walked through the crowd. His reputation was ruined after they found out his deepest secret- he was gay. They made fun of him for every breath he made; his bullying situation was so much worse than I’ve ever had. I know it's a cruel thing to say, but it felt nice to not be the biggest target. I trudged to my next class, only to be stopped by Mr. Dally. He held a gaze at my petrified eyes for a few seconds and then snapped.  

"Go to class Holly." 

He sounded stern; I was his most hated student. He was a horrible man though even with his disguise of loyalty to the staff at this school. But I knew he was just darn evil, his darkest secret was the key to his punishment. He was a rapist. A pretty smart one too. I've tried to tell the principal about the incident when I saw him with Dolly Winters in the school bathrooms, but he paid no attention. I was infuriated with this school and its poor alertness to horrible people.  

"Millie wasn't smart with her words, that's how she got put into jail, even though..." 

Mrs. Tammy gave me the dirtiest look that she couldn't even finish her sentence. Maybe it was because of my gazing eyes to the ceiling. "Donald!" She screeched at the top of her lungs. Oh, so it wasn't me.  

"Get off the heater... NOW!" 

He scrambled off and trampled on an electric cord. Everyone laughed of course, but he didn’t. He stood up and went to his chair with a look of mortification. I’ve heard that Donald has some sort of mental illness, not sure what type, but he is a very strange and bullied character. We’ve talked a few times and he seems really nice, but he’s so queer and scrawny that he gets picked on so badly.  I felt sorry for him, just as much as I felt sorry for that poor kid Patrick. This school isn’t very vigilant of the bullying that goes on here. Actually, a few years ago, a girl committed suicide because she was bullied so badly. As heart-rending it is, she barely got any recognition from the school.

When I got home and uneasily walked into my room (I still have a huge fear of these ‘monsters’), I felt this bizarre presence by my closet. I stood as far away as I could and warily opened the door with a broom, there was nothing there. I was petrified and as I fearfully turned around, I felt a sharp pain in my head.

“SHIT!” I cried and lay on my floor crouched with no refuge. A deep evil voice came in- it sounded like Twirly, one of my childhood monsters.

“We’ll drive you mad.” I heard over and over in altered tones. I couldn’t turn them off; it really was driving me round the bend. I gazed at myself in the mirror. No. No this can’t be. My face was deformed- I looked disgusting. These enclosed monsters were doing my head in. From being on the outside, they now made their way into my head. I become isolated with crazy and negative thoughts, and it went on and on.