1] New Job

Chapter One
|New Job|

"And lastly, why would you like to work with us?" Jae Sun, the manager of Étoile Café asked me with a kind smile.

I opened my mouth and began my many reasons, "I've always wanted work experience at a cafe. I've found coffee to be quite an interesting beverage and greeting customers seem to be my forte. I've also always wanted to learn how to cook and create the many dishes served at cafes."

He nodded quite a few times as I was stating my reasoning. I could still feel my nerves about to overtake me but I kept them down. He scribbled down a few notes before looking up at me.

"Thank you so much Jeon Jungkook-ssi. Your interview is now done."

I heaved out a sigh of relief before getting up from my comfy seat and bowing to him. He also dipped his head slightly in response.

"We'll contact you within a week if you get accepted. Thank you once again for applying at Étoile Café," he finished off formally before guiding me out of his office.

When the door to his office clicked I leaned onto the wall for support.

"Oh goodness, did I really just finish the interview?" I placed a hand to my forehead and closed my eyes, "That passed by like a breeze."

"What did?" someone called out from behind me.

I turned slowly in the direction of the voice and grinned, "Yo,"

Jimin and Taehyung were making their way down the corridor to me and they both raised a hand to greet me. I placed my weight back onto my feet and took a few steps towards them.

"So do you think you got the job?" Jimin continued.

"Haha I can't be sure but I hope so," I laughed it off.

Taehyung slapped me playfully, "I'm pretty sure you'll make it with that face of yours."

I looked at him and frowned, "Hyung, what's that supposed to mean?"

Both Jimin and Taehyung laughed at me and looked at one another and shook their heads in disbelief. I stared at them confused.

"Don't worry about it flower boy," Jimin teased me and pushed me around to face the other way, "Now let's go home before you start regretting about your interview."

"Yah!" I protested as they both pushed me.

"Hey! How dare you call us like that! Where are your manners?" Jimin punched me lightly on the arm as punishment for being rude to them.

"But hyung!" I tried to complain but they both continued to shove me forward.

In the end I gave up and they finally stopped the pushing and shoving. We exited out of the cafe and raced to the subway. We were goofing around and being loud teenagers on our way to the subway. If there were any public citizens walking about they would've stared us down and shouted at us to be quiet but thankfully the route we took was fairly peaceful, except we were disrupting the area.

After another five minutes, we finally made it to the subway. I ran down the stairs and waited for Jimin hyung and Taehyung hyung.

"Hyung! Come on! We're going to miss the next train if you don't hurry!" I shouted out at them.

I continued my way to the gates before turning around and waiting for them to come. They both emerged after a few seconds and sprinted their way to me. I laughed at the sight of them before walking through the ticket gates. We ran down the stairs and onto the platform to see our train pulling in. We jumped onto the train and leaned against a pole, wall or glass pane to catch our breath.