2] Soomin

Chapter Two
|Soomin|

I ran through the school gates just as the start of school bell rang. I climbed the stairs as fast as my legs could take me and rushed down the corridor. I passed by the other classes and saw that everyone was already seated in class. Almost swearing under my breath, I rounded the corner and dashed into my classroom.

"Where's Jungkook?" I heard Taehyung call out to Jimin.

I stepped into the classroom quite heavily and everyone looked up at me. Taehyung looked slightly surprised while Jimin sighed. When I walked over to them and slid into my seat which was next to Jimin's everyone else turned away uninterested.

"Late again?" Jimin turned his head to me as I took out my books in a hurry.

I nodded at him and leaned back into my seat finally breathing normally. Thankfully the teacher wasn't there already otherwise I would've had to walk all the way to the office which was on the other side of our school.

Taehyung laughed quietly, "Goodness Kookie, set an alarm clock."

"I do!" I complained and rolled my eyes when I realised he was only teasing me like always.

I looked up at the clock that was hung at the top of the chalk board. It was 8:58am. I was three minutes late. I sighed and looked towards the window and saw Soomin's outline. She sat near the window seat behind the class president, Hyunae. At that moment, Hyunae turned around with a smile and a piece of paper in her hand which she showed Soomin. Soomin leaned forward slightly to look at the paper. I saw her shoulders shake slightly from her laughter.

"Jungkook?" Jimin's voice entered my right ear suddenly.

I flinched back and flicked my head back to him with a frown on my face, "What was that for hyung? You scared me."

He gave me a satisfied smile and turned to Taehyung. They both looked at each other before laughing at the same time. Whenever one of them teased me it always ended like that, laughter shared between the two of them while I had no idea what was going on. I shook my head and looked towards the front of the classroom just as the teacher came in.

"Sorry class! The meeting was held back a few minutes so I ran here," Ms Song, our teacher explained while carrying a huge pile of papers which blocked half her view.

The front row students got up and helped Ms Song with her papers. She was personally Jimin's, Taehyung's and my favourite teacher. She always lent a helping hand especially during the exam period when many of us would stress and worry about our results. My grades have been slowl decreasing as the year went by. I wasn't concentrating as much in class anymore.

"Okay so now that I'm finally here, could you all turn to page 342?"

Jimin, Taehyung and I all groaned in annoyance softly before following her orders. Another perfectly normal start to another normal day of senior school.

---

The bell finally rang and Jimin and Taehyung were the first ones up and closing their books. I quickly followed them and stood up. We bowed to our teacher before exiting out of the room towards the cafeteria. It was finally time for recess.

"So how's the job going?" Jimin slung his arm around me and Taehyung.

I looked at him and smiled, "Good. You should come visit me sometime hyung."

"Oh I will," Jimin grinned at me and looked over to Taehyung, "I meant we will of course."

"Hyung, please don't embarrass me at work please," I politely requested.