Chapter 2 - Unexpected Guest

Chapter 2 

A/N Thought I'd dedicate this chapter to my new friend here on wattpad, Mary. Well, you did say you'd check out some of my works! Might as well start now! lol jk, hun. No pressure. ;)

Recap:

"Whew, that was close." I muttered under my breath.

"What was close?" A deep voice asked, causing my neck to snap up in search of the one whom the voice belonged to.

I jumped back in shock and let out a loud shriek.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“Shhh!” The unfamiliar guy whispered desperately.

I ignored him and turned back, planning to pull the open door and run down to my parents.

“Please.” The voice pleaded me and I heard the sadness laced in his words.

“Please let me explain why I’m here.”

My hand faltered on the knob. I suddenly felt sympathetic towards the guy. Maybe-

No! He could be a murderer! What’s wrong with you?

Should I?

I groaned internally for what I was about to do.

I let my hand stay on the knob for a few seconds before I took a deep breath and faced him.

The boy- well, closer to being a man- has shaggy brown hair that covers both his eyes. He looks like he’s in his early twenties and should be in college. I surveyed his appearance for awhile, mentally memorizing his looks just in case I need to re-tell them to the police afterwards.

Seriously? You’re going to risk your life just to listen to what he said? Just to satisfy your curiosity? Are you mad? Do you have a death wish or something?

I have nothing to lose anyway, I mentally counter-argued.

“Why do you keep doing that?” The young man asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

“Doing what?”

“Talking to yourself. Like before, when you entered the room.” He explained, gesturing the door.

Oops, I guess I said it out loud. Wait hold on. There’s a guy in your room!

I shook my head to clear my mind and concentrate at the matter at hand.

Right. There’s a guy in my room.

“Look, can you just explain to me why on earth are you in my room? Do I know you? And please tell me you did not climb the window. You could have died! Or worst, get paralyzed! Do my parents know you’re here? ‘Cuz if they do, God help me, I-“