Part sixteen

Dark Angel (Final <3)

"NO!" the scream escaped your lips as you sat up straight, back rigid in fear. Harry was quick to act, wrapping an arm around your waist and pulling you back down into the mattress, his hand guiding your cheek to rest on his chest.

"You alright, baby?" he asked softly, not even bothering to reassure you that it was just a dream; you and he both knew that it was memories.

"I'll be fine-" cries drifted down the hallway making you groan in exhaustion.

"I'm sorry, Haz," you whispered dejectedly. "I didn't mean to wake her up...I-I'll go grab her." You started to get up but he gently slipped out from under you, pushing your shoulders down.

"You're beat, honey," he murmured, brushing his lips across your forehead. "Get some rest and I'll take care of it."

"But-"

"Sleep." He disappeared through the doorway and shuffled to the nursery, peering inside. A smile cracked across his face as he saw his daughter lying in the white crib, fist gripping onto the small purple blanket. He quickly scooped her up, cradling her body to his bare chest.

"Hey, sweet girl," he cooed, grabbing her small fist and pressing a kiss to it. "You're alright." Feet moved in small movements as he walked back and forth across the room, lightly bouncing his little girl in a soothing manner. Her mouth formed a tiny 'O' as she yawned, emerald eyes fluttering with sleepiness.

"I love you, Darcey," he whispered, letting his fingers brush across the lock of light brown hair resting on the top of her hair. Harry was about to lay her back down when your arms wrapped around his waist, face nuzzling into his muscular back. He lifted an arm and you moved under it so you were hugged to his side, eyes carefully focused on your little girl.

"Do you remember what you used to call me, sweetheart?" he asked quietly, squeezing you closer to him. A breathy laugh escaped your lips as your hand drifted to entangle in the mess of curls at the nape of his neck.

"My dark angel," you smiled.

"Mm-hm," he mumbled, leaning his cheek against the top of your head. "Your dark angel...but you know what, baby?"

"What?" He sucked in a steadying breath and that was when you caught on that he was crying. You glanced up discreetly to see tears rolling down his cheeks, eyes glistening with moisture.

"Every day I spent with you, you made me want to be a better person. You made me believe that I could be a real man, not just another kid fighting his way through the streets. And even through everything we've gone through, you have stuck by my side. You've seen death, witnessed it, felt how much it hurts, and yet you still chose to stand by me. You trusted me enough to run away with me, to start a family together, to accept me as your husband. You gave me a beautiful daughter, a wonderful wife, and hope to keep pressing on. For that, I-I can't thank you enough, (Y/N)," he choked, pulling away and cupping your cheek.

"But most of all..." his forehead leaned against yours, his tongue dashing out across his dry lips.

"...you were my angel, (Y/N)..."

___________________________

Authors Note:

Hello my Dark Angels,

Thank you so much for supporting me with my writing and still being there when I go M.I.A for a bit and don't update! but sadly Dark Angel has come to an end ):

If you liked this story feel free to check out my other stories <3

Please follow, vote and comment.

- Em xx