New York City

The Key

Part of The Dream Series

Copyright 2011 Alexander Bomgardner. The Key and all characters are trademarks of and owned by Alexander Bomgardner.

Chapters:

Chapter 1 New York

Chapter 2 The Air Door

Thor was walking in central park on Sunday, 15th of May in the year 2007. This is the beginning place of the story I am to share with you today. First, Thor likes old items, such as keys to wrecked cars, news papers twelve days old, bicycle frames, and the likes. Second, he is a small but profound boy. You would think all of the school bullies would have some sort of claim on him by now, but Thor is bully proof, even though he looks like and is, in most senses, a nerd and a geek. But more of that later. I will now hand narration to Thor:

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

In.

Out.

Sigh, I just love meditating in central park. Now, I go, on the prowl for items to add to my collection. Getting up, I realize that I haven't covered 35th street in a while. So, I start off to see what there is to see, and collect what there is to collect.

Walking in New York was not really that dangerous as most people believed. I mean, yeah you would get an occasional hobo or someone who had a conversation with themselves, but most of the gangs can never rob anyone because there is always a half packed sidewalk. One of the reasons I like walking in NYC. Nearing 35th, I go through a mental checklist of what I am "needing" the most of. Keys, always need keys, tires, chains, paper, and photo frames. It truly is amazing what you'll find in the gutters of the streets in my metro area. Oh, money, gotta get some of that. Money can be found looking under almost anything. Tyler is a money freak. Don't come home with at least 2 USD and he would go berserk. Hold on, let me back up a moment.

Tyler is my best of the best friend. One day we were just roaming around 37th and he found a sack. "Guess you just found us lunch. Let's see the loot!" I said. " On one condition." Tyler stared and before I could ask what the condition was he said " I get 3 4ths. Deal?" I couldn't see any reason not to agree, so I shrugged. " Sure. But hurry, my tummy is rumbling!" he opens it dramatically, of course, and we look in.

Right then and there, I regret agreeing to get only 1 4th. Inside, I estimate about 35 to 40 thousand dollars. I was so stunned that I randomly blurted out," Well, we can get so many Mc D.s burgers we will have to share." Yea, ever since then Tyler has been obsessed over money, and needs 2 dollars loot very time I go looking for stuff.

Anyway, I start looking in the gutters, and lucky me, I find a 10. A little ways down, I find a broken bike chain and a lock. I go about 2 blocks down I found a key. It was attached to a key ring, and it was accompanied by a small black bag.