Chapter 4 - Mrs. Turner

"I knew that she was mine the moment I saw her. The chestnut hair, the dark brown eyes, I knew that she was mine" I told Ms. Redmund, one of my close friends from the police department. She was helping me look for Hailey, my daughter.

My name is Mrs. Shelly Turner and I lost my daughter when she was only 3 years old. I didn't lose her like she was 6-feet-under, but lost her meaning she was stolen, kidnapped, taken away from me.

I have turned to Ms. Redmund for help.

Last week, I had gone to Baldwin Middle School to take I.D. pictures.

I kept the one of her. Lily Anderson.

She looked so much like Hailey, it's hard to believe. She had the same phisical features, and looked just like I had imagined her.

"I know that she's mine! I have a feeling about her!" I told Ms. Redmund, trying to not shout or get emotional.

"Yeah." Ms. Redmund just groaned.

"You had a feeling about the other 3 kids too." 

"But this one's different!" I said.

She wouldn't listen.

"And what am I supposed to do? Stalk that little girl until I'm fired? She looked at me like I was just trying to ruin her life.

"I don't wan't to get you fired bu--- "

"Then stop pestering me about random kids in Baldwin! It's creepy how you think they're your kid! It's been 10 years since you've lost your daughter! I doubt that you'd find her now! It's too late!" She screamed at me.

"Goodbye Shelly." She pointed towards the door.

"I guess I'll see you later." I shrugged and left the department.

I guess that I'll have to take the matter into my own hands.