Locked

"Hazel," Annabeth says, trying to sound calm. "It-"

"Don't you dare tell me it's okay!" Hazel screams, with tears streaming down her face. "Would it be okay if Percy died? No! Just leave me alone!"

Hazel runs up the stairs before anyone can do anything. Annabeth starts crying. Hazel words hurt, and Frank is dead. Percy wraps his arms around her, and Annabeth wraps her arms around him.

"Guys," Reyna says in shaky voice. "Who killed Frank? It had to be one of us. There is no way that story is true!"

"I did not kill him! I swear I didn't!" Leo shouts. "He was dead when I got there. Honest."

"We would've heard his scream, if one of us murdered him," Nico says, trying hard not to cry.

"He is right," Percy says. "If one us killed... I don't think any of us would kill Frank. Who would want Frank dead?"

"The story is true!" Piper yells. "None of us would kill Frank! It must've been the witch!"

"Piper," Jason says quietly. "Please don't say that. The story... It can't be true."

"If it is true," Will says, trying hide the fear in his voice. "We better get out of here. Now." 

"I know it is not one of us," Annabeth say, letting go of Percy. "I also know that the story is not true. There is a logical explanation. I know there is."

Reyna starts to say something when they hear Hazel's scream. They all run up the stairs, one after another, except for Nico. Will is carrying him on his back, again. They get to Hazel's room. The door is wide open. Hazel lays in floor, surrounded by a puddle of blood. Face down, just like Frank.

Will can feel Nico shaking on his back. Will sits Nico down on his good leg, turns around, and picks him up so that Nico is facing him. Nico wraps his legs around Will's waist, Will hugs him. They stare into each other's eyes for a moment, then Nico buries his face in Will's shoulder. He brakes down sobbing. Will had seen Nico cry before, but never like this. Nico is crying hard, not softly like the other times Will had seen him cry. The sound of Nico's crying  gave Will a pain in his chest. 

Will takes Nico down stairs. The rest of them stay upstairs and they continue their argument. Will tries to sit Nico on the couch, but he will not let go. Will turns around and sits down on the couch, being careful of Nico's injured ankle. 

He is still dressed in those white pajamas. Nico pulls back  and looks in Will's eyes. Nico wipes away his tears and starts to calm down. He's not shaking as badly, but the look in his eyes is pure pain. Will has his hands around Nico's waist, and Nico has his hands on Will's shoulders.

"Thank you Will," Nico whispers, holding back a sob.

"You know," Will blushes, looking away from Nico's eyes. "You have called me Solace for so long, I was beginning to think that my name was Solace Will,  instead of Will Solace."

Nico smiles and laughs a little. Will laughs too and looks back into Nico's eyes.

"These clothes," Nico says still smiling. "Make me look like a ghost."  

"Maybe I should call you ghost boy," Will teases.

"Don't," Nico says seriously. "Solace Will." He smiles.

"Oh," Will laughs. "I can't call you ghost boy, but you can call me Solace Will?"

"Yes I can," Nico smiles. "Solace Will."

Nico lays his head back on Will's shoulder. Will kisses the top of Nico's head. Nico just lays there and Will smiles, knowing that Nico is asleep. 

Everyone else went downstairs. They decided that it didn't matter whether the story is true or not, they just had to get out of there. Reyna is still standing in the doorway, looking at the dead body of Hazel Levesque. She didn't know Hazel long, only since this past summer. But now Hazel was almost like family to her.

Reyna walks over to Hazel and bends down next her, staying out of the pool of blood. She carefully rolls Hazel over. She is ice cold. She is not really pale, because of her dark skin, but she is lighter than usual. Someone stabbed her in the heart. Reyna jumps back. She stands up and walks down stairs not wanting to see anymore.

Everyone else is in the living room. Nico is asleep on Will's lap. Percy and Annabeth are making sure they got everything. Jason and Piper are making out. Reyna rolls her eyes at the sight. Truth be told she is a little jealous.

"Okay," Leo says walking into the room. "Everyone that- well you know... Let's just go."

Will stands up with Nico still in his arms and walks to the door. Percy and Annabeth walk to the door. Jason and Piper stop making out and follow them. Leo and Reyna follow them. Percy tries to open the door but it won't open.

"What's the matter Jackson?" Jason teases. "Not strong enough to open a door?"

"It's locked," Percy says seriously.

"Move," Jason mutters, pushing Percy out of the way. Jason tries to open the door but it will not open.

"Told you," Percy mumbles.

Leo shoves Jason out of the way and tries to open the door, but just like Percy and Jason he can't. Leo takes out is tools to pick the lock, when everything goes black.