Chapter 4 - Rainbows Only Show After The Rain

* "Yeah, thanks for caring, I also got shot in the arm!"

"It's not my fault, you went there at your own risk!"

"Great, that's how you treat your sister in such difficult moments." *

I felt the same aching pain in the chest, but even worse. I could barely breathe, as the doctor was staring at me and George kept saying "You're going to be fine", while holding my hand tightly.

"George", I attempted to whisper, struggling to lift the other hand.

"Don't force yourself. Just relax, it's going to be alright. I-I love you."

"I love you, too", I said, before my eyes closed again.

***

I woke up the next day, in the afternoon. I went in Romania to face my step father, who had no other thought than killing me, too. Fortunately, my left arm caught the bullet. I was brought to the enarest hospital and, after having my arm bandaged, I returned to the UK.

"What was on your mind?!"

"Yeah, thanks for caring, I also got shot in the arm!"

"It's not my fault, you went there at your own risk!"

"Great, that's how you treat your sister in such difficult moments."

I was left alone in the huge house. Then, the doorbell rang, noticing the boys chose to spend the rest of the day with me, since I couldn't go anywhere at least for one more day.

"Thanks for being so careful, guys."

"Anytime, neighbour."

We ate lots of fast food and drank about 3 cups of different Starbucks coffees each, while listening to loud music.

"I want to go in town! But I can't for one more day.."

"Don't worry, they'll pass really quick. Just tomorrow, and that's it."

I asked the boys to stay until tomorow, and they seemed to agree with my idea. We stayed up until 3 a.m., when I decided I should rest. Too many events in such a short time.

As I was changing my clothes, my bedroom's door opened. I accidentally dropped my T-shirt on the floor, all I still got on me being my black lace lingerie.

"Don't look at me!"

"C'mon, it's not the first time I'd see you only in lingerie. Don't you remember when I helped you dressed up after you were free to leave the hospital?"

"Meh.. You can come, I guess.."

Suddenly, I felt his arms round my waist, and his lips kissing at the base of my neck. I threw the T-shirt I was about to pick up from the floor, turning around and smashing my lips onto his in a passionate, wild kiss.

"I guess you'll have to wait for more until my arm's okay."

"I don't mind. At least I get to fall asleep with you in my arms, right?"

"Of course."

I can't remember what time it was when I fell asleep, as we had a quite long make out session.

***

The sun rays slightly penetrated the windows, a few of them hitting the bed. I slowly got up, followed my morning routine, but I decided it was too early to do anything, and all the boys were still sleeping. Stupid, painful arm! Anyway, I couldn't do too much at 7.30 a.m., so I went back to bed. George wrapped his arms round my waist again, pulling me closer to him. I hadn't noticed I fell asleep until I peeked at the clock: 10.30 a.m. I should wake up, too..