Chapter 1 - The Beginning Of A New Life

Finally! The day I can meet my brother has come. I thought I couldn't be even more excited than I am now. As I was putting on a white top, which I was about to tuck in my high-waisted shorts, my phone buzzed. I've got a message from him.

"Hey sister! Im near the mall, and Im pretty sure some people might jump on me soon :-s Come as fast as you can xx"

"I'll be there in 5, wait for me inside Starbucks and try to hide your face as much as possible. xx" I replied.

I was just about to leave when my phone rang. It was him, again.

"Yeah, bro! I'll be there soon!"

"Never mind, I'll just come near your place. Keeping it the same side with the mall, right?"

"Yeah, you'll see me really soon, in, like, 2 minutes I'm almost there. Don't hurry to reach too far, stay near there, okay? I don't want you to get lost so quick", I giggled.

"No chance, I'll wait here, though. Come faster, please, I think a few people have already identified me."

"I'll be there in 3. Bye!"

I took my wallet and a bottle of water which I threw in a bag hurriedly, then I put my yellow sunglasses on, took the keys from the flat and left.

I rushed to the mall to meet Niall right at the Starbucks entrance.

"Sister!", he said, hugging me tightly.

"Wow, you look stunning in person!"

"You too! And taller, I thought I'd have a shorter sister".

"Why? I thought taller is better."

"Yeah, but shorter is cuter and sweeter", he added, making me blush.

We had a huge Frappuccino each other, enough to drink the whole walk in one of the many and big parks in Bucharest. We got to know each other better.. Well, mostly Niall got to know me better, I already know a lot about him.

Except for one thing..

"Well, Maura must be pretty lucky to survive such a complicated surgery."

"Most of the doctors wouldn't have granted to still keep her alive after all that happened to her.. But I guess it was luck.."

"Anyway, when are we coming in UK?"

"We?"

"Yeah, my friend, Stephanie, and I."

"Well I guess we can leave tomorrow, is there any problem?"

"No, not at all. My luggage have been ready for more than a week. And Steph's, too."

"Okay, then. We'll talk more at the phone. Want to meet the other boys in person, too?"

"Why not? Oh, may I call Steph so she can come, too?"

"Sure!"

After I called Steph and told her to meet us at Carol Park, we kept our walk for a while, talking and talking.

"So how's the new dad?"

Oh crap, I didn't want to open this subject..

"Well.. it's quite.. nice, I can say.. when he's not drunk, which happens seldom."

"Wait, what?!"

"Erm, I suggest going to the lake, shall we?"

"Don't change the subjet and tell me."

"Wow, it's such a nice day, isn't it?" I looked at Niall, which was obviously annoyed. "Okay, okay! He.. abuses us."

"HE WHAT?!" he shouted, stopping in the middle of the road.