Chapter XVII-Percy

When Percy came to, he woke up with a massive headache, which should probably be listed as a migraine. He tried to remember what had happened, but when he pushed through his memories, all he got in reply was a pounding that could've been mistaken as every baddie that he ever faced, tap dancing around his head. So, to save him from the pain, Percy decided to see if he could try to guess as to where the Hades he was; because he had an instinct feeling in his gut telling him that he wasn't in his bedroom, or even in New York. 

   Percy tried to push himself up to his feet, but as soon as he sat up, black spots danced before his eyes. He pushed back the pain as hard as he could and finally staggered up to his feet, swaying a little too much for his liking. When the dizziness disappeared, Percy saw that he was in a cage.

In a very creepy cave.

The first thing Percy noticed was how it was about the same height as the first two stories of the building his mom's apartment was on.

"Oh, lucky me," Percy muttered. "It's only my  luck to be kidnapped and then be forced in a cage, like an animal. In a freaking cave. That's just perfect."

Percy sighed and looked around, only to realize that the only thing he could see was either walls or (in his disgust and horror) more cages. That was pretty much it. Nothing much to go on. Well, that and the fact that there were rocks which were molded down to make paths and steps and whatnot.

Percy sighed again and ran a hand through his hair. "Annabeth's gonna kill me," he decided. Which in that moment, happened to be when he heard something coming off from the right and a little behind of him. 

He turned around and saw three figures all together in a cage, just like him. One was a woman who had feathers covering all of her body, save for her face. And she appeared to have wings.

Naturally, she has wings, Percy thought.

Next there was a giant kangaroo, which Percy then realized must be a bunny; and finally there was a big intimidating man, with white hair and the kind blue eyes. Percy figured that these must be the Guardians. For a moment, no one spoke. Percy cleared his throat and spoke up.

"Hey," he greeted, with a little nod, trying to be like he wasn't slightly creeped out, but failing somewhat miserably. It's not every day that you get to see your childhood figures in a cage, much less in person.

"Jack?" An Australian accent asked. Percy jumped when he guessed that it was the giant bunny/kangaroo who had talked.

"No, I'm Percy," he replied. "But I know Jack."

"You're friends with Frostbite?" The giant bunny asked.

At this, Percy was confused, until he realized that Frostbite was a nickname for Jack. Gods, he thought. I really  do have seaweed for a brain

"Yeah, I am," Percy answered. "Where are we?"

Instead of the bunny answering, there came a new voice-Percy was bad with accents, but he was pretty positive that it was a Russian one. 

"We are in Pitch's lair."

"Which is where exactly?" Percy asked, beginning to get frustrated.

"In a cave," the Russian man replied, as if it was obvious.

Percy couldn't help but roll his eyes. "Yeah, no thanks for that  information, Sherlock," Percy called back. "I kinda thought we were in the middle of the ocean there for a minute."

Instead of becoming angry-which Percy was used to with every being he'd ever come across-the Russian man chuckled, as if he was used to being sassed. "We are in Pennsylvania."